The Plague - Chaos Damage DoT / Tank Build

Nice build man. Very thought out, I like ur style.
Very interesting and completely doable from my 2Hander stick to genereric for upcoming changes build

The Crit changes really hurt Past 76+

My build is very close to yours and im 2hand AXE marauder.

With the crit changes and LS changes I might like to sit back and i have a 5 link 130 Phys dam bow. No +gems in it though.

Think i can do this with a 1.3 AS 130 Phys 5link? without the +2/+3?
"
iao wrote:
As I said in the Viper Strike feedback thread I've also been running a build like this. I really love how unique it is. With my iteration the optimal choice is to use a +1 to Gems +2 to Melee Gems two-handed sword mainly because the availability of six linked sockets, double what's possible with sword and board.

The reason that's significant in the case of Viper Strike is the damage stat refactor coming. I believe it's been implied (maybe announced) that degeneration will be changed so that it is affected by damage modifiers. If so, a two-handed sword will allow you to have Viper Strike + Faster Attacks + Culling Strike (~20% Increased Damage at high gem levels) + Added Chaos Damage (20% quality for 10% Increased Chaos Damage) + Increased Duration + Blood Magic. No Multistrike because it'd reduce the damage significantly.

I haven't heard about these changes to damage. Could someone post a link to this?

Also, I've changed the build a little bit and respecced to be more efficient.

Here is my current equipment now:

Spoiler

That is the ONLY +3 sword that I have seen that has that fast APS. With multistrike it's pretty sick. I dropped the inc duration off that 3 link but the viper dots still last like 15 seconds with the passive, which is more than enough. I bought those new boots which have nice stats but lower armor, because I needed the +dex to use that sword, haha.

I'm sitting at 5850 HP now, since I dropped the armor nodes down by duelist and went up to get more HP nodes and the +30% to buffs, which made up for dropping the armor passives. I still have 27,200 armor since I got that lioneyes shield.

My Poison Arrow hit level 20(23) and does 1028 Chaos Dmg per second now and my Viper Strike at level 18(21) does 561 Chaos Dmg per second.

Now that my bear traps are getting leveled they do quite a bit of single target damage while using vulnerability.

I really hope they don't make multistrike affect chaos damage. It's so perfect for this build since it just randomly hits everything around me. Since I can get viper strike charges out so much faster, it makes it much more efficient.

Edit: I could also easily run this build with a Kaom's Chest, even though I'm using sword and board.

Edit again: I'll try to make another video now that I'm a bit stronger and using multistrike.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Apr 21, 2013, 6:31:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info