High latency in some zones

Do something about the bloody lag for God's sake! I know it's lack of servers because when I play late at night everything is fine. This is the Cali Server which has to be one of the busiest. I am tired of dying because I can't see my way thru the slideshow! I will be moving on if something is not done here. No other online games I play lag like this I don't have to put up with it.
Happening to me too. I'm about to quit the league with this. Literally bricking 20% of my maps because some zones have 1k+ ping. While others are 20-30

Just had two straight 10 Krangles double scourge tower bricked due to high ping. I'm done. See you next league. Absolutely zero response from any GGG staff on this. Which figures.
Last edited by SparkleMotion on Nov 18, 2021, 9:11:45 PM
It's been almost a month with the same problem
Latency spikes! never ending loading screens when you take portals or waypoints!
And some day run fine... and today came back! Unplayable! What's going on here??? Are you guys gonna fix or not???
For me the stand-alone client is unplayable. My normal latency is about 15ms but it spikes sometimes to the point of disconnecting and I die constantly to screen freezing. The Steam client is just fine.

Not a potato:
Windows 10
Ryzen 9 3900X
64GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2070
900Mbps down, 450Mbps up while in-game with Spotify and browser running

Bumping this here, because I have died more times than I care to count and am therefore stuck at level 93. I also lost a high-end scourge map because it got so bad disconnected and when I reconnected, the map portals were gone despite barely any time passing.

This league has some very cool mechanics, but it is utterly unplayable at this point. Can we get staff to weigh in on it? I have a high-end computer and connection, but what is actually going on?
Hi everyone. Have same problem. Do enyone known how to fix it? My latence changes all the time from 15ms to 400ms. It's hard to play ((

Ok, after a while I found this solution. Maybe it can help.
Open POE, then open task manager -> right click to poe app -> Go to details -> Set priority -> High.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/qiq4vc/huge_latency_problems_for_no_reason/
Last edited by Muradost on Dec 20, 2021, 4:53:23 AM
Latency raises up to >20.000 (sometimes keeps raising indefinitely). This happens at random times but very frequently, like once every 5 minutes.

Game mode set to predictive. Using Wifi 5GHz on fiber optic connection, all other games work perfectly (Rainbow 6: Siege, Halo Infinite, Final Fantasy XIV, etc.). UPnP enabled on the router.

I tried restarting the router and PC. No help. Also I checked a ping to google.com on cmd and there doesn't seem to be any packet loss or other issues.

Game is currently unplayable. Please let me know what I can do. Don't tell me to stop using Wifi because it's not possible and all other games work with no issues.

Thanks
"
C_Hex wrote:
Latency raises up to >20.000 (sometimes keeps raising indefinitely). This happens at random times but very frequently, like once every 5 minutes.

Game mode set to predictive. Using Wifi 5GHz on fiber optic connection, all other games work perfectly (Rainbow 6: Siege, Halo Infinite, Final Fantasy XIV, etc.). UPnP enabled on the router.

I tried restarting the router and PC. No help. Also I checked a ping to google.com on cmd and there doesn't seem to be any packet loss or other issues.

Game is currently unplayable. Please let me know what I can do. Don't tell me to stop using Wifi because it's not possible and all other games work with no issues.

Thanks

sadly GGG's netcode can't handle a WiFi connection, so you will need to change that.
Nothing can be done about using WiFi connection and GGG have confirmed that several times.....
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Dec 20, 2021, 3:17:47 PM
Indeed, tried with cable and the issue went away. Still I have a 10M cable crossing my house now, so idk how they have this underwhelming netcode. The dead worst one I've seen so far.

"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
C_Hex wrote:

Thanks

sadly GGG's netcode can't handle a WiFi connection, so you will need to change that.
Nothing can be done about using WiFi connection and GGG have confirmed that several times.....
"
C_Hex wrote:
Indeed, tried with cable and the issue went away. Still I have a 10M cable crossing my house now, so idk how they have this underwhelming netcode. The dead worst one I've seen so far.

Sadly that's how it is by choice of GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info