Between Season Race 15: 8 Minute Sprint

"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
Eh, all us mac players are cursed to long load times, and there's nothing to be done about it until after Beta is done, at the very least. Or at least that's what I understand from what limited researched I've done on the topic.

If there was a clean way to compensate for load time differences, that would be excellent and very encouraging. Without them, I play races for similar reasons to why I might play the Powerball lotto: strictly entertainment, as there is no realistic possibility of winning/competing.

Mac is not meant for gaming... it is second compared to PC.. and Linux is third (sometimes second)
Beta member since: 0.9.8f (April 23rd 2012)
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
"
Fishkerdydoo wrote:
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
GGG can you implement loading time compensation for players with old PC's? Like when event duration 3 hours then event duration for players with long loading time = event duration (3 hour) + time spent on loading from zone to zone.

Have you seen Kripps youtube movie about rendering your quality? I had the same problem, and I changed my texture quality settings in POE and my load times as twice as fast now as they were before.

I played on the lowest settings from the start of playing POE.

Problem not only in my PC. Sometimes I have fast loadings ~5 sec, but sometimes it gets almost to 1-2 min. And its from server side. I know that GGG working on this issue, but they can't go far because they dont have tech personal that can fix it. I hope they will find personal for optimizing game. My suggestion is temporary measure.

Its cause of the game, i have way better specs than you and my loadingtimes are still sometimes a minute or longer..

"
bluechimera wrote:
"
777isHARDCORE wrote:
Eh, all us mac players are cursed to long load times, and there's nothing to be done about it until after Beta is done, at the very least. Or at least that's what I understand from what limited researched I've done on the topic.

If there was a clean way to compensate for load time differences, that would be excellent and very encouraging. Without them, I play races for similar reasons to why I might play the Powerball lotto: strictly entertainment, as there is no realistic possibility of winning/competing.

Mac is not meant for gaming... it is second compared to PC.. and Linux is third (sometimes second)

As a CS student that works and studies on all those three systems on a daily basis I find this statement completelly rediculous. Why would a *nix system be inferior to windows in terms of gaming?
"
Stringel wrote:
Why would a *nix system be inferior to windows in terms of gaming?

Generally speaking, I agree with you, but lack of video card drivers is a problem I've heard about. Hopefully Valve's Linux initiative will help change that.
Ugh, starts at 3am for me.
IRON MAN
"
Ekalindorskii wrote:
GGG can you implement loading time compensation for players with old PC's? Like when event duration 3 hours then event duration for players with long loading time = event duration (3 hour) + time spent on loading from zone to zone.

Documents/my games/path of exile/production_config.ini

texture_quality=5

fullscreen=false
post_processing=false
resolution_height=600
resolution_width=800

^^ those and you got few seconds loading screens on Commodora
killbilly is my hero ;)
"
Dreggon wrote:
Ugh, starts at 3am for me.

just set your alarm

Wake up (1 minute)

turn on pc and start path of exile (2 minutes)

create char and wait (5 minutes to be safe)

race (8 minutes)

turn off pc and go back to sleep (1 minute)

total time spent:

17 minutes

(can be cut down to about 10 by perfecting your strategy)
ign:mptyspace
Last edited by mptyspace on Apr 10, 2013, 4:25:56 AM

*This is an automated forum whine, please do not reply*

Please GGG make 4min races! Not everybody has the time to invest 8min in a race!

Some of us have to work you know?!?! PoE always favours the no-lifers >:/
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Race to the Ledge?
Last edited by Fender117 on Apr 11, 2013, 1:22:47 AM
"
Fender117 wrote:
Race to the Ledge?

Sounds dangerous!
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info