Between Season Race 1: 3 Hour BLAMT Party

"
Valmar wrote:
But please fix the exploits. Sad to watch some streams from people winning the race and they are using the life exploits to kill the bosses.
Are you talking about portal scrolls? Because that's not an exploit. Portal scrolls are not free in a race, lost DPS slows you down, and knowing when to run and when to stay is a skill.

I just watched the Brutus and Merveil kills from kripp's stream, and they didn't even use TPs.
<3 Running on GNU/Linux Mint 14 via WINE <3
"
mashdar wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:
But please fix the exploits. Sad to watch some streams from people winning the race and they are using the life exploits to kill the bosses.
Are you talking about portal scrolls? Because that's not an exploit. Portal scrolls are not free in a race, lost DPS slows you down, and knowing when to run and when to stay is a skill.

I just watched the Brutus and Merveil kills from kripp's stream, and they didn't even use TPs.

You couldn't be more wrong. First, heres how the "exploit" works. One person makes a portal and starts attacking a boss by himself, then the rest of the group zones into the portal. The boss does not gain any HP and it becomes incredibly easy for the 6 man party to kill a boss meant for 1 person. The boss does not gain any quantity but they don't care about loot, they just want to progress.

And that is exactly what Kripp did for Brutus, so you may need to watch it again.
I know it, man, since some days ago. It is not new to me (I dont use it in my games for personal reasons)

But for me, this is a big exploit. Nothing against people using it (other than for me its sad), just giving my feedback (this is a beta, Im here for this reason) and trying to help with the game.

If you are in a party, boss must have full life for the party. Other than that, its a shame.

Just imho. Dont be angry about this , its just my opinion, mate.

I think GGG should maybe remain the drop the way it is, but find a way to make the boss got the extra life always while in party, no matter if one guy or the six as a whole start it.

I'm not angry or giving myself head against the wall or something hehe, I'm enough adult to this. I just expressed my concern about an issue in my eyes its an exploit, because it is not playing the game as it should be. Yeah you can do it if you wish, but honestly, the more I think about it, the more I realized that if I'm in a party, the boss should have added life for all in the party.

Regards and sorry for my bad English. Maybe some word shoul sound aggresive or something, but its not my intention, maybe I dont know better words to exprese it in a more polite tone. Appologies to anyone who have been ofended (if any).

Best wishes.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 7, 2013, 5:47:12 PM
Didn't have a lot of time, was 1 hour late, first enemy was a lightning warp totem that almost killed me. Then killed everything on the beach, defeated hillock and got desync killed on terraces at lvl 3. I wish I've had more time because never ever did I have this much fun on the beach!

More of those! :)
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
soari wrote:
"
mashdar wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong. First, heres how the "exploit" works. One person makes a portal and starts attacking a boss by himself, then the rest of the group zones into the portal. The boss does not gain any HP and it becomes incredibly easy for the 6 man party to kill a boss meant for 1 person. The boss does not gain any quantity but they don't care about loot, they just want to progress.

And that is exactly what Kripp did for Brutus, so you may need to watch it again.

This is a case where D3 might have the solution, (it might be the only good idea in D3, but I digress) The boss fight screen, either you join the boss fight or you decline, once everyone in the party decides the fight begins, and... no TP in or out of the boss fight.

They have a decision screen in act 2, so a similar concept and code is already in place (and most of the major bosses are already isolated so implementation would be a bit easier).
This was way out of my acceptable play-time, but I want to point out something I noticed immediately:

Marauder 21 1140417
Templar 21 1138204
Witch 21 1117942
Shadow 20 885984
Ranger 18 647738
Duelist 16 418098

I don't often check ladder/event results, but I'd be surprised if that happens very often. BLAMT seems like an interesting equaliser -- or another means of highlighting class disparity, if you consider to the level differences.

Looking forward to rolling many characters this afternoon to experience it.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
This was way out of my acceptable play-time, but I want to point out something I noticed immediately:

Marauder 21 1140417
Templar 21 1138204
Witch 21 1117942
Shadow 20 885984
Ranger 18 647738
Duelist 16 418098

I don't often check ladder/event results, but I'd be surprised if that happens very often. BLAMT seems like an interesting equaliser -- or another means of highlighting class disparity, if you consider to the level differences.

Looking forward to rolling many characters this afternoon to experience it.

Ehh, I wouldn't look too far in those results. Basically, the top level results are how everyone does in Kripp's party, and the reason why ranger and duelist is so low is because asdf died in the party and Martin joined a few minutes in after dying. Choi as well died and rejoined.
Like Alros i haven't much time. After 5 or 7 characters dead to detonate (x2), trying with melee, skeletons desynch, clicking out of the window and bugging the game, I managed with my wand witch to get to hillock, I kited well and bam from 30 feet away he smashed me...
anyway i stayed dead in order to read the funny global and see dead people... ;)

it was a funny experience beside desynch and such, people where mad or hysterical and it was fun for that.
... nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info