[3.14] No BS Storm Brand Hierophant | Tanky | League Starter | Good DPS & Clear

"
bellen wrote:
hello.
why u take nod "Dreamer" on the tree? (5% reduced mana cost of skills)
u can take "Forethought", 15% increased mana cost, and easily get +10% total dps (or more), because u use Archmage, am i wrong?

You can certainly take Forethought if you want, but I found that I had more than enough DPS without it and taking it was making my mana costs higher

TL;DR you can if you want I didn't
Make Strom Brand great again.
"
Serious_SamOV wrote:
This is likely going to be my league starter for ultimatum league but had 3 quick questions.
1. I was looking at an Shadow variant and wanted to know what the big difference between the two is or why we take hierophant?
2. Why do we level 6 storm brands in the offhand?
3. What should I be looking for on a Body Armor while leveling before Cloak Of Defiance?

"1. I was looking at an Shadow variant and wanted to know what the big difference"
There are 2 main ways to scale storm brand. Mana-stacking with Archmage or Power charge stacking with assassin. Both have upsides. The Assassin variant will clear MUCH faster and allows you to scale using cold conversion to achieve hundreds of millions of DPS at the absolute top end.

The other common way to scale storm brand is with archmage. Thats what this guide it with this setup you still have respectable DPS & Clear while also being fairly tanky. Having played both I prefer this once since I don't die all the time.

"2. Why do we level 6 storm brands in the offhand?"
So we can corrupt them at level 20 to get a 21/0 storm brand early on for cheap.

"3. What should I be looking for on a Body Armor while leveling before Cloak Of Defiance?"
4-5L cloak is fairly cheap I would honestly recommend doing chaos recipe till you can afford one. If you really don't want to do that stat prio is probably Life > Ele Res > Mana
New skill tree with new Dance of the Offered please.
IGN: Javana
"
Orlog wrote:

I haven't made one since I don't plan on leaguestarting storm brand this league.
"
Orlog wrote:

Not the one who made this build but ive been looking at the skill tree for solid hour now and honestly there doesnt seem to be anything better to path towards, even with taking a shield and utilizing shield nodes instead like was mentioned earlier, ur just gonna get bit more tankier and lose solid 1million dps

Like was also mentioned before, getting another cluster jewel instead of pathing towards agnostic is likely slightly better, but the cluster jewel(s) would need to be basically perfect, so it would be slight power increase for massive cost

Way i see it, dance of the offered just give you 1 more passive point to use as you dont need to take agnostic, really well crafted rare boots are probably better but im personally atleast gonna run Dance of the offered for majority of the league just because its a fairly cheap unique.
Last edited by Nicosi on Apr 15, 2021, 8:00:05 PM
"
Nicosi wrote:
"
Orlog wrote:

Not the one who made this build but ive been looking at the skill tree for solid hour now and honestly there doesnt seem to be anything better to path towards, even with taking a shield and utilizing shield nodes instead like was mentioned earlier, ur just gonna get bit more tankier and lose solid 1million dps

Like was also mentioned before, getting another cluster jewel instead of pathing towards agnostic is likely slightly better, but the cluster jewel(s) would need to be basically perfect, so it would be slight power increase for massive cost

Way i see it, dance of the offered just give you 1 more passive point to use as you dont need to take agnostic, really well crafted rare boots are probably better but im personally atleast gonna run Dance of the offered for majority of the league just because its a fairly cheap unique.

i too goofed around with the tree last night adding in GB and dropped about 1m in DPS.
what are you guys going to use to get through A1? Stormblast Mine?
Build looks awesome, gunna go ahead and use this as my league start to build up my bank. I'll have to let you know how it goes and thanks for going quite in depth, I feel pretty confident with all the information you put here.
"
jjmccaw wrote:

'Catmasterop' has a amazing templar league start levelling guide which im following, so basically im running Orb of storms with wave of conviction, and exploding trap which i later swap for lightning spire trap
"
jjmccaw wrote:

'Catmasterop' has a amazing templar league start levelling guide which im following, so basically im running Orb of storms with wave of conviction, and exploding trap which i later swap for lightning spire trap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info