Blazing Salvo

I played self-cast crit Inquisitor.
I invested a lot of currency on it, but the results were not as good as I imagined.
The biggest reason is the instability of this skill.
Any mob will have to be hit IF a player target them by clicking.
But sometimes mobs have a certain amount of invincible time.

I also realized that I had to click farther than the actual location to hit the target I wanted. But it is very tired effort.
The most struggled thing while I was High-tier mapping was not the strong enemies (like map bosses) but the ordinary mobs.
Any mobs came close to me had enough DPS to RIP me one or two shots.

While I'm playing this skill, It reminds me the time I was playing Purifying Flame. Looks good, decent DPS, but both skills have bad targeting mechanism seriously.

If you not rework on this skill, it will eventually remain as a totem or mine skill.

I think projectile speed should be faster and accurate like Winter Orb.
Last edited by SinsunPres on Oct 23, 2020, 11:43:57 PM
I love the concept of blazing salvo - multi-hit AOE fire skill. In the early levels though, I was quickly turned off by it in comparison to fireball. Fireball has more damage on hit and has that nice ignite mechanic. (For context, I was playing witch)

It made more sense getting through act 1 using fireball + ele proliferation, and it was able to do more faster.

Before blazing salvo existed, I tried to achieve a similar effect with explosive trap and reducing trap duration to 0 (sunblast and 2 cheap construction jewels.) The idea was multiple ground area explosions. Blazing salvo achieves this idea much easier and with less you have to do to achieve the effect. Even better, it doesn't require a level 37 belt to do this. I think it has a lot of potential, but it needs "something" (but I don't know what that is.)

I contemplated trying to make a build that does fire-poisons as maybe it could be used to stack poisons, but blade vortex and cyclone kind of take the cake on that one.

Bit late here, I did play blazing salvo for a while near league start and really enjoyed it though I didn't get super far into maps.

One thing that would be a huge QoL upgrade for it is if it projectile modifiers like chain, split and fork would trigger on hitting the ground. There might be a limitation to the functions of those modifiers but if possible I don't think it'd make salvo op at all but feel a lot better, especially if you have the projectile nodes like Split shot and Trick shot.

End game viability aside it's a pretty fun skill to watch go off.
Hi,

This skill has a major problem and that is it cannot hit enemies that are very close

In the image above, if the monster crossed the red line, it won't be able to be hit by the projectile but only the area damage when the projectile hits the floor.

I use this skill for single target and my damage output will just suddenly stop if the boss charge to my face, and that feels very bad.

Hope this gets fix soon
For anyone experienced with Blazing Salvo, if I use fork will one projectile be able to hit an enemy twice? (Like big bosses or what not)
I mean, when the projectile hits it splits in two, those two projectiles would explode when hitting the enemy or the ground right?
Why is it so hard to find a clear answer on this lol.

I'm not planning to actually use fork support but I was googling this question and couldn't find a clear answer.
Dear GGG, the skill is great and I sadly ask myself: "Where MTX?" A celestial themed version would look completly insane.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info