(UPDATED with Prizes!) Weekend Cut-throat Event

"
elamre wrote:
Why new Zealand time? I mean, thats probably the worst time-frame for most of us :(. I know the company is originated from new Zealand, but the majority of the people isn't D:

Please bare in mind that this game is played globally so regardless of which timezone they used in announcements it would not be local time to most players anyway.

That and you'll probable have noticed that the time given isn't actually that convenient for GGG staff.

I wouldn't be here but I was out voted 3 to 1 by the other personalities.
"
Los wrote:
"
elamre wrote:
Why new Zealand time? I mean, thats probably the worst time-frame for most of us :(. I know the company is originated from new Zealand, but the majority of the people isn't D:

Please bare in mind that this game is played globally so regardless of which timezone they used in announcements it would not be local time to most players anyway.

That and you'll probable have noticed that the time given isn't actually that convenient for GGG staff.

I know, but New Zealand is far away from most of the countries, and I think that it will be more convenient for most people if it was a European/American timezone.
The link posted to the time zone converter doesn't really work. Well the link does but the time zone converter doesn't :P It tells me that when its 10AM for New zealand its 12AM for me in the Netherlands. this isn't right at all.
Australian here. *Loving* the NZ times. It's about time some other countries had to conform to weird hours; for years, I've had to deal with almost nocturnal gaming schedules.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
aporia wrote:
The link posted to the time zone converter doesn't really work. Well the link does but the time zone converter doesn't :P It tells me that when its 10AM for New zealand its 12AM for me in the Netherlands. this isn't right at all.

Unfortunately it is actually correct. Blame summer-daylightsaving-time.

Edit: It is massively better for european players if the event happened 2 hours earlier. Even 1 hour earlier would be a significant improvement. Staying awake 'till 3:30 AM is a bit late even though it is weekend.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Last edited by radiatoren on Apr 21, 2012, 9:18:21 AM
"
aporia wrote:

It sadly enough IS right :'( mostly because new zealand is exactly at the other side of the world for us.

And the Australian guy, good for you! >>
So if you die, you will lose all your equipped and inventory items/ (Expect gems) . So if i have unique and i die means i dropped it.

What about those who do not want to participate and they just want to grind all day or finish quest ?? Would there be like a channel for that or?????
"
Dlumenta wrote:
So if you die, you will lose all your equipped and inventory items/ (Expect gems) . So if i have unique and i die means i dropped it.

What about those who do not want to participate and they just want to grind all day or finish quest ?? Would there be like a channel for that or?????

then join a other league
BlackKeysus - 73 Witch ( Legacy )
BlackHammer - 56 Marauder ( Legacy )

CtrlAltDelete - 15 ( HC) R.I.P xD

Greetings from Switzerland
I just dont like the part that when you die to players. All your items will be dropped O.O
"
Dlumenta wrote:

Yes you drop everything but gems.

If you don't want to play cut-throat then pick one of the other leagues such as default.

"
Dlumenta wrote:
I just dont like the part that when you die to players. All your items will be dropped O.O

I found the trick to countering this is just not to die, and kill everyone who tries to kill you.
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Last edited by NotSorry on Apr 21, 2012, 11:13:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info