Season One, Race Event 78: 1 Hr Multiproj Turbo Solo

yeah i died to sparks at 20 min.... we killed eachother at the same time :( tried being first to clear fetid pools after that then apparently i missed someone else full cleaing and then just leveled to 8 and still made top 200 lol
Died about 10 minutes in. Decided to remake and did pretty well.
Alright! First time getting more than 3 points. Level 11 plus 14th duelist lol. Got surrounded in lower passage at one point but was saved by level up!

Also got a few good drops:

Lol, 20th? Not that much participation I guess. Usually I end up at 150-200th. Taking it slow but safe pays really off in the hard races.
My best place ever (7th) and I still get nothing, fml ^-^

Grats Alkaizer! :)
I stumbled onto the ledge at level 5 because crabs really love me. Hit lvl 12 at 30 seconds before finish. Only farmed ledge with no quicksilver or doing that totem.

Skilltree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMFQgelLJxBlkmyVkqCEK6z37A=

Third place Witch, thanks to some of the actually good players getting themselves killed. Farmed Ledge until level 12, and then Lower Prison until the very end. Slapped on some actual armour rather than fancy robes to help deal with arrow damage, but I didn't end up getting second tier stuff for boots and gloves and shield, so I'm not sure how much it actually helped.

Got a coral from Hillock which definitely helped. Also, some cute gloves from Chatters. Revenge for the last time I engaged him in a turbo race. Stayed far, far away from the one true totem god, and could have been killed by him with worse luck. Even simply dashing past it without a quicksilver can be quite hairy at times.

Spoiler
Last edited by Bogsie on Mar 28, 2013, 8:23:09 AM
Nice race. I see some people saying they died to hailrake. My tactic for hailrake is, since he can easily 1-shot you with his GMP ice spears at close range (where he hits you with all 5), don't do him first, go ledge first, hit level 9, buy your leather belt, THEN do him. This only applies for GMP hailrake, he's fine on turbo, ancestral and whatever not. Just don't touch him in lethal :D

Died twice this race, but still made it to 12. Interesting stuff, I decided to transmute my leather belt in the lower prison cause one dropped. It got lighting resist:

Right after transmuting it, I met a group of lighting skeleton archers, got 2 shock stacks placed on me while I tried to ice nova them, and barely escaped with like 10hp. The lightning resist probably saved my life.

With 10 minutes left, I hit level 11. I wondered aloud in global whether I should continue or not. Continued anyway, since I wanted to keep my classranking (last race I got top 6, and thought if I continued I might get an extra point since I might be able to stay in top 10 instead of dropping, or stay in top 20 instead of dropping. Didn't really bother to download the CSV to check though.

End of the race, level 12, I decided to check the CSV. Turns out it didn't really matter, cause I was top 11. (1 point). If I stayed at 11, I would be top 13 (1 point). Still, my first divine dropped as I hit 12, and I didn't die, so pretty worth it.

Build:
Spoiler

(Yes, I didn't get a decent chest the entire race, so I went without one. Movement speed bonus, you know?)

Currency I got:
Spoiler

Edit: Oh yes. Almost forgot one last thing. I met this OP ledge map that wasted 20 seconds of my time running. See that long line all the way from the "Monsters fire 4 additional projectiles" to the waypoint? Didn't see a single mob on that way.
Spoiler

I have never played Diablo 2 or Diablo 3...

I have played FATE and it's successors, though, and I'm told it's similar to Diablo.
Last edited by ChooJeremy on Mar 28, 2013, 8:27:25 AM
Thought I was on pace to get a Demi...
Then got a phone call... Also got a text...
Didn't matter anyway since Daser rolled Ranger...
Level 17?
Really?
You guys are unreal...

4th ranger. 13th overall. Bogus I say!
Are races dead or what? Gettin class points for reaching ledge, wait what?

WTB CB - Offer my life

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info