Season One, Race Event 67: 1 Hour Lethal Solo

"
Hilbert wrote:

I dislike this race mode. Everything stuns you(desynch) and you get 1-3 shot by everything.
This only shows how unbalanced melee vs caster and ranged is.
This feels like playing Inferno in D3. Sure you can do it if you play ranged and try many times. But if you get hit 2-3 times you die.

There is a huge difference between Challenging and total unreasonable.

It went like this:
Get first shadow--->See many rips get to hillock get 2 shot because frozen
Second mule--->Dance with hillock ok gems acquired.
Real Templar--->Gets stunned desync dead
Goes Ranger--->Does fine till flats runs into fervor oozback horde

Several Templar caster attempts:
Most of them died either in Strand being stunned and getting desync or path finding and desync.
/oos oh great.
3 Characters made it to flats meet oozeback with 60% HP->restart
Frozen before entering lower-->restart
Getting stunned by stones in Terraces-->Desync-->Restart

You can create Players Have CI and Eldricht battery, thats almost the same effect.

You could start in act2 as well, I think my level 1 fillers survived 1-2 hits from act2 mobs.

The only way this mode can survive are following:
1.Heavily Reduce density so the max pack size is 5. Bosses besides Hillock only to 100% more damage total, so 25% each.

2. Change it to Mobs do 50% more damage and add 50% random elemental damage. This would at last change it to 4-5 hits and give all characters Unwavering Stance.

3. Create Lethal Party Races only.

Get over it. It is not like they do this type all the time
Legacy items are BS
"
How exactly can you get past Hillock as Mara/Templar/Shadow/Duelist if you dont find a bow or wand???
This was pretty lame imo...

Attack him once and run away and repeat.

The main problem is. If pathfinding desynchs you, you will get hit.

I died once because flasks don't refill and had only 10 HP.

This race mode is only good for party races if unchanged.

You go ranged or you go suicide mode.

I don't see how anybody investing like 1-2h leveling will be able to do shipgraveyard cave or weavers unless mobs get hit around corners.
Even as ranged you will get 1-2 shot.

Edit:
Online 52 Bzmode IAMDEADAAAAA Marauder 11 93740

Says all.
Ledge Farming till the end.
Last edited by Hilbert on Mar 24, 2013, 8:21:02 AM
Gonna have to tweak the points honestly.
This was a fun race. The chat explosion in the beginning with all the deaths was hilarious. Died in the Terraces with Duelist then went Ranger and got to lvl 9. Couldn't get good gear but I got 2 chaos, 1 orb of chance and an alchemy orb, which I used to make a sweet bow.

Overall I think this is a great mode but they should tweak the rewards.
This race mode is definitely interesting. But until you fix issues like desync or\and range > melee these kind of races won't be as great as you wanted them to be for most of the players.
started as witch, hilock was no problem. had no ring at npc but i got movement speed boots, wen to teraces killed some zombies and was cool. Started runing to mudflats, wanted to kill some of those pesky stone throwers and got 2 shot.

had ranger as backup, hilock was no problem. every thing else was micro management ie. if you pull too much you're screwed. Found waypoint in lower passage, took poison arrow for reward (maybe should have taken rain of arrow). Got to ledge in like 30 mins, started farming there and was level 8 and had to go a little bit earlier.

Most stupid thing about this is the elemental damage. Why does every physical damage mob receive a buff to their non existent elemental damage? That's just idiotic and makes it unreasonably harder.

For instance, you take a normal physical hit, the hit is ofcourse harder because of 50%, but then you can get frozen for no reason. I'd understand if the mob was doing cold damage, but physical come on, no logic in that. OR just make it so WE can freeze mobs when we deal only physical damage and have no elemental damage what so ever, only seems fair.

On second thought, it seems that even mobs have the problem of scaling physical and elemental damage. And i thought only players were screwed if they made full physical builds. (mobs don't get screwed by this but i hope you get what i meant)
IGN: FoughtBledAndWeptForGod, WoE_HitoZ

stream: http://www.twitch.tv/hitokirizoro
This was a great race experience !
The death explosion at the start was sooooooo funny :3 (unfortunately, i died there too !, with my shadow and my marauder to Hillock)
So I rerolled a ranger and took my sweet time.
Made lvl8 and got 1chaos 1alch :)

And ... I was 1pt away from the Coral Ring reward :) Finally got it !!!! Yeehaaaaaa :)

Make more races like this ! But I think the rewards should be tweaked according to the difficulty and time passed on it.
"Harder" races should give more points than "Easier" races. Well, I haven't thought this through of course, but it'll feel better from my perspective :3

Cheers
I put my thoughts here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNBX2asTbV8

I like these races, very interesting. Now how about just making the game playable!?!?!?!

Seriously, you guys have done so much right, how is it that much harder to perform calculations on the server and client with the same result? Or put them back in sync in the event of splitting apart, weather from lost data that never makes it or miscalculations?

And why are people still responding to Hillbert!? Stop trolling people already, your good at it, we get it!

If you want to kill stuff in a mode where you will be one shot by anything potentially, just ranged everything, run twilight till you find a bow, and hillock isn't very hard at all.... till you desync.

Also, when will there be white item only races? I mean maybe I cant play, but that should be very fun. Especially a week long version. Solo, of course.
Awesome fun. :)

Realised Hillock would be impossible, so went witch. Went ultra slow, was fun to see that noone was leveling much faster than me as usual. People must have been dieing all over the place. Died to desync at level 9 with 10 minutes to go.

Keep it coming!
"
Seriously, you guys have done so much right, how is it that much harder to perform calculations on the server and client with the same result? Or put them back in sync in the event of splitting apart, weather from lost data that never makes it or miscalculations?

If you had knowledge about client server interaction you would know that there will be far more traffic meaning the servers may crash on evenings even not that many players are playing.

Other games handle moving purely on the client and you only send the packets of the location where you move and the server accepts them. Moving is only done by receives from client as server to the client.
There is no pathfinding only a collision check so if the path isn't blocked you will always get through.
This system has several other disadvantages, such as players having a better connection will get items, inaccurate calculations might be off a bit so you might be hit on the server but not on the client if you aren't moving.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info