[3.12] Cold Faith - Ice Nova Inquisitor | TooMuch™ sDPS | Hybrid MoM | Fully updated to 3.12

"
Navezz wrote:
How are the bosses going down with this build? What are the pros and cons compared to assassin version?

bosses are quick. the 3.9 version had about 35m shaper dps. in 3.10 this can be further improved.

don't know about assassin because i never played the ascendancy
I only have a 5 link. I should be using controlled destruction over hypothermia correct?
"
BenN1ce wrote:
I only have a 5 link. I should be using controlled destruction over hypothermia correct?

they are basically the same, but yes a controlled destruction 20/20 gives slightly more damage
Last edited by tufferugli on Mar 24, 2020, 10:57:44 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
Navezz wrote:
How are the bosses going down with this build? What are the pros and cons compared to assassin version?

bosses are quick. the 3.9 version had about 35m shaper dps. in 3.10 this can be further improved.

don't know about assassin because i never played the ascendancy

Im definetly interested of this build! How much does pledge brind dps into the table?
hey, i was looking for a build with ice nova that doesn't use the frostbolt interaction. i like what you did with taryn's shiver, but is it good enough for bossing too without frostbolts? and would occultist be a good alternative if i dont wanna play templar?
"
Navezz wrote:
Im definetly interested of this build! How much does pledge brind dps into the table?

a lot. also it gives a bunch of qol in form of area of effect and increased mana.

"
Zuzanne wrote:
hey, i was looking for a build with ice nova that doesn't use the frostbolt interaction. i like what you did with taryn's shiver, but is it good enough for bossing too without frostbolts? and would occultist be a good alternative if i dont wanna play templar?

unfortunately ice nova is balanced around the fact that is gonna be used in conjunction with frostbolt, so you will gimp your dps a lot without using it.

normal bossing will be ok, but the endgame bossing will be a pain in the ass.

mathil made an ice nova occ build a while back you should check it out
I play your build for few days and looks very promising, yesterday I managed to craft a decent armour but atm not sure if I have to focus for elusive+tailwind boots or bottle faith straight.

Q1 what about swapping added cold damage for hypothermia on sirus? Is it worth it?
Q2 any swap recommendations for my build?

Spoiler

p.s.
"
There are many good damage notables that can roll on large jewel cluster, but since we chill, shock and ignite Sadist takes the crown providing a grand total of 60% increased Elemental Damage

How do we ignite btw ? Can't figure out how we do :/
Last edited by gtultimate on Mar 25, 2020, 9:52:21 AM
"
gtultimate wrote:
I play your build for few days and looks very promising, yesterday I managed to craft a decent armour but atm not sure if I have to focus for elusive+tailwind boots or bottle faith straight.

Q1 what about swapping added cold damage for hypothermia on sirus? Is it worth it?
Q2 any swap recommendations for my build?

Spoiler

p.s.
"
There are many good damage notables that can roll on large jewel cluster, but since we chill, shock and ignite Sadist takes the crown providing a grand total of 60% increased Elemental Damage

How do we ignite btw ? Can't figure out how we do :/

Q0 (boots vs bottled faith): elusive+tailwind boots offers some dps and some defenses, while bottled faith adds bonkers dps, so pick the one you think you need most.
keep in mind that bottled faith will substitute your diamond flask, so be sure to have a good amount of crit chance before the switch.

for now i've just a pair of elusive boots (without tailwind because i'm kinda broken). i've prioritized defense over offense because delirium can hit pretty hard.

Q1: i don't think i've understand the question :/

Q2: gear looks fine. my next swap would probably be boots (elusive/tailwind or elusive alone)
what about your flasks and jewels?

Q3 (ignite): you always inflict elemental ailments when you crit, so we just need a little bit of added fire damage to spells on abyss jewels or jewellery to ignite enemies. you have some added fire damage on your elder ring, so you are good :)

"
(boots vs bottled faith)

Dropped cortex and run it , was lucky enough to drop the flask so boots on way :D

"
i don't think i've understand the question

For fights like sirus was considering to swap Hypotheria to Added cold damage to my 6link

my flasks
Spoiler

For jewels i use:
1 large cluster with sadist / stormrider with 8 passive skills
1 small cluster with Cold contuction with 4 passive skills
Intuitive leap viridian jewel

For now i dont use glorius vanity, not 100% how those jewels work and i am gonna leave it for later on XD

My character on poe ninja (if not bottle faith then no updated yet)
"
gtultimate wrote:
Dropped cortex and run it , was lucky enough to drop the flask so boots on way :D

daaamn, lucky! :D

"
For fights like sirus was considering to swap Hypotheria to Added cold damage to my 6link

we can reliably chill even sirus (at least at al5), so i don't think there's need to swap

"
my flasks

wise oak is doing absolutely nothing, because as inquisitors we simply ignore res.
swap it for a cinderswallow urn
Last edited by tufferugli on Mar 25, 2020, 3:00:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info