[3.12] Cold Faith - Ice Nova Inquisitor | TooMuch™ sDPS | Hybrid MoM | Fully updated to 3.12

"
I still write with the help of a translator, sorry.

My PoB was also not very happy about replacing weapons, and the numbers fell a bit. If only because earlier, i had a 6-link in Tabula.
But judging by what I see with my own eyes, Plege Of Hands still does more damage. And I left him. There is a chance that after the patch, the already broken mechanics can no longer be calculated in a normal way.
Ignoring the numbers, ar u sure it got worse? :(

Better tell me how you painted the stick :D

Hey RayForsten,

i dont know, but i think my PoH was bugged or something...
the nova´s didnt repeated 3 times like they should and that caused it, why i thought the damage is worse now.
I unsocket my skillgems and socket it in again and now the repeats work like they should.

"Better tell me how you painted the stick :D"
I think you mean how i coloured the sockets arent you? i benchcrafted it with "at least one green socket" - took about 16 or 20 chromes

Last edited by kurtis6077 on Mar 15, 2020, 5:38:36 PM
"
kurtis6077 wrote:
Got pledge of hands now - still 5 link - but i think the damage went down :/

the "normal" pob doesn't take in account greater spell echo.
also with pledge you need to be more precise in positioning/casting because your
consecutives repeats are much stronger then the first ones

on a side note, i bought this:

which basically makes me shock and generate power charges against single target, so probably the crusader mod on chest is not needed anymore
Last edited by tufferugli on Mar 15, 2020, 6:34:32 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
kurtis6077 wrote:
Got pledge of hands now - still 5 link - but i think the damage went down :/

the "normal" pob doesn't take in account greater spell echo.
also with pledge you need to be more precise in positioning/casting because your
consecutives repeats are much stronger then the first ones

on a side note, i bought this:

which basically makes me shock and generate power charges against single target, so probably the crusader mod on chest is not needed anymore

This is my current setup, build is looking good so far, the only problem for me is that it lags the fuck out of my game, don't know if its the build or the league itself.
I'm using herald of ice just for the fun explosions and so far I'm having a blast playing this.
Is just stormrider enough for the power charge generation or do you also need cold conduction for it to work properly, how much did you pay for yours?
Have you looked into the Intensity notable on the Medium Area Jewels? It seems like it could be pretty good as well, though I'm not sure. Maybe if you also roll it with Magnifier?
Last edited by IvanGS on Mar 17, 2020, 2:46:28 AM
I have respec'd from Storm Brand Inquisitor to this one. Feels much better so far.

I am trying out Kitava's thirst to proc the curse and Cold Snap. One thing I noticed was that neither Ice Nova nor Frostbolt reach 100 mana cost without Pledge of hands.

Can you suggest me how to reach 100 so Kitava's thirst starts being useful? I thought of getting Fevered Mind jewel, but it is quite expensive now and I would rather save up for Pledge of Hands instead.

Thanks!
"
srinath007 wrote:
I have respec'd from Storm Brand Inquisitor to this one. Feels much better so far.

I am trying out Kitava's thirst to proc the curse and Cold Snap. One thing I noticed was that neither Ice Nova nor Frostbolt reach 100 mana cost without Pledge of hands.

Can you suggest me how to reach 100 so Kitava's thirst starts being useful? I thought of getting Fevered Mind jewel, but it is quite expensive now and I would rather save up for Pledge of Hands instead.

Thanks!

You can always try the Voidbringer gloves.
Humm, does this work? I m supposed to pop 2-3 skills before bosses to do better dmg? tried this and maybe im positioned wrongly but i just die horribly. Got my 5 linked pledge, and dmg wise its ok. Survivability is where i lack. A lot.
How can i make this more durable? Got new jewels with blind, still die every now and then to tier 1-2 map yellows in delirium..
"
Zeros wrote:
Humm, does this work? I m supposed to pop 2-3 skills before bosses to do better dmg? tried this and maybe im positioned wrongly but i just die horribly. Got my 5 linked pledge, and dmg wise its ok. Survivability is where i lack. A lot.
How can i make this more durable? Got new jewels with blind, still die every now and then to tier 1-2 map yellows in delirium..

i've adjusted by precasting forstbolt more than before and by continuously being on my feet.
frost bolt > run > nova > run > nova > repeat

i was torn between buying tailwind boots or elusive boots, but in the end i went for the elusive ones.
i made this decision because my dps is not the problem, the problem is avoiding damage.
elusive is a good way to passively do that, because it's impossible to actively avoid (manually dodge) all the shit that delirium throws at you.

the bottom line is: you can't play delirium like the rest of the game.
precast, keep your distance, stay on your feet. there's no easy way around it.
raising dps it's helpful, but don't solves the on kill mechanics, so it's not a long term solution.
delirium can't be facerolled like the rest of the game, you have to adjust your playstyle to it.

keep also in mind that you can tap out from delirium if it gets too dangerous. i've done it a few times because my exp is more important than the shit drops that delirium gives.
Started the league with this build and Im having a blast! I am however dying a lot (120 times lvl90). Im considering trying to push some more block, would the lethal pride with the block keystone be a better defensive option than the glorious vanity with the 20% life as ES jewel?

Currently sitting on 35% attack dodge and 25% spell dodge.
I rerolled to this build because my starter was getting absolutely destroyed.

It's been way more fun when i'm not dying constantly. The added control of freezing mobs make it feel really good to play.

It did take me a little bit of practice to get used to casting frostbolt at the edge of the screen if you want the balls to stay closer together (single target) or close to you if you want them to fan out. If you're surrounded i've also found that casting frost bolt then flame dashing into the projectiles and casting another frostbolt in the exact opposite direction gives you 100% screen clear on novas. (doesn't work in delirium obviously)

This also isn't something described in your build, and might be useful information to new players trying it out.

I was actually expecting the clear speed to be worse than it is. Second Wind is actually really nice, so while it's not insanely zoomy, the clear speed still feels very good.

I can't log into my main account at work (connected through steam) or i'd post my current build, but it's going good, and I love how simple the build is. Definitely prefer it over the Hierophant version.

One question though on the frostbolt link. I was trying it without the curse on hit (i don't need the extra damage on normal mobs and the effects are reduced on bosses, and you can get power charges through the new cluster) My mana is fine with a flask, and the things that kill me are one shots. I replaced it with lesser projectiles for more orbs, meaning more nova casts/damage, and it kind of feels better.

Is there a specific reason you're choosing it over more projectiles?

Also I replaced faster cast speed with echo on frostbolt (I don't have a second 6 link yet or I might try both). Probably a personal preference, but I feel it makes mapping/bosses a lot smoother.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info