HOW TO: Increase FPS/Lag Less

Same sh*t here, it looks like everything runs on a single thread and the game locks itself

Specs:
AMD Phenom 9650 x4
Radeon 4870 1024
4gb ram

Haven't seen anything like this in any game.

^ same processor but only 2gb ram and ati hd 4670 512 ddr3 :P

i play with 4

but not see others play with high quality because makes you sad lol
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on May 26, 2013, 4:46:57 PM
"
kasub wrote:
I saw the reddit topic.. The main issue is that the game looks absolutely horrible when you do that.

Not really, doing it and after 2 days you don't even notice. At least I don't, gameplay > graphics, only thing you see is monsters inc --> kill monsters --> repeat, no difference sadly.
I have really bad FPS in POE and i tried this but i couldnt find the folder to change the texture T.T
my probleme is im stuck at medium quality even if i have quality_texture=1 ... wtf is this how to get high quality ?
Set the value to 0 for high quality.
My specs:
C2D E7500 @ 3 GHz
3GB Ram
AMD 4870

For some reason, I get the EXACT SAME "HUGE ASS" Lag spikes every time I cast "spork totem", "summon zombies", "summon skeletons". I get the exact same lag spikes whenever champions "yellow" appears and starts using spells with crazy effects.

No matter how much I mess around the graphical settings, whether I adjust my settings to low or high, the game shows the exact same lag spike symptoms.

Idk whether this is an issue with my CPU, or GPU, but I've been reading the forum for the past few days, and apparently many AMD GPU users are also experiencing the same lag issue.

I've also read that this problem has been present since a year ago, and that GGG still hasn't officially mentioned the magnitude of this issue yet, which is quite upsetting.
I am surprised that so many players did not know this!

It changed my life playing in groups especially with spark players!! :D
Try these tactics to increase FPS:

Adjust System for Best Performance
Change Screen Resolutions
Increase Virtual Memory
Disable Security Program

Also try to update the drivers that control your PC.

You can also find some helpful techniques in detail here:
http://blog.gameamplifier.com/2013/08/increase-fps-for-faster-gaming.html
i see my old post here edited :P
my english sux.
Last edited by C1111 on Aug 15, 2013, 10:35:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info