[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

24.700 ES
3729 INT
I need to change my belt i guess.. don't know what to get anymore pretty much maxed but also what do you guys think about deleting hybrid es mod on helm and adding cold dmg to spells? I'd lose some es but, dmg boost will be huge i suppose.

Last edited by Efotia on Aug 10, 2020, 7:45:04 PM
"
LiNGeN wrote:
"
battousaii wrote:
Ok, so many questions.
Spoiler
First off, what the hell is the 20ex or so of gear PoB? Clearly the split personality of 3.10 was nerfed to hell, but I see half a dozen pastebin links from the last 15 or so pages and I have no idea where to start.

Obviously I'm taking up this character late in the league, mostly from nostalgia from my marauder whispering ice build from back when life leech was instant.

That' all being said, I see nothing as to what flasks to use. Obviously soul ripper if you can afford it for survivability, Rumi's Concoction for some more survivability, then what do you do with the rest? I don't want to rely on bismuth for elemental resist if I don't have to. Ruby/Sapphire/Topaz are all highly situational. Onslaught has some minor movement speed benefits I suppose. Quartz seems nice. Sulphur give nice DPS.

With that being said, I suppose the answer it Soul ripper, if you can afford it, Rumi's, Silver/ unique silver flask, quartz, sulphur, and quicksilver flask?

I am obviously massively underleveled at 61 and at maps. Gear is the minimum I've picked up, bought for a few c to get my self towards 72 or so to regear. Damage feels like shit, which it should for an INT scaling build with shit gear, but is there anything else I can do to boost it or survivabilty or both a bit to help in that 60 leveling slum?

PoB links are mostly interesting due to the specific tree used, not the gear, not unless there is some fundamental change due to some gear piece. But with this build everyone uses very similar gear. So don't see the top players' gear as something too expensive that you can't have, because you will do really well even with low investment into this build. Now, I have very expensive gear myself right now, but I actually bought very few expensive items early on in this league and crafted most items myself. When you progress to the endgame content you will be getting lots of currency back from doing hard content, because this build can do it all.

The introduction by Kelvynn with the trees there are still valid except for the limitation of only 2 split personality jewels. You can follow it and ignore any new posts in the thread.

Short answer: level up, replace weakest gears progressively as you progress, repeat

level 78 and quite a few ex later, this build is starting to feel pretty damn good. Going to work on a cluster and despecing out of weaker nodes and will probably do alright. Still a slight bit lower on damage than I'd like, but hell I'm 78 not 88 so no complaints.
yeye almost done with it but already strong. Pretty expensive build.

someone can craft 6 inc att on my chest. Dont get it til now. I am online after 11pm europe timezone
would fine if you wsp me
Hello, I started this league late, but I’ve quickly complete my atlas with this character. I’m at a certain point where I can easily do any t16 map, included ele-reflect, shaper and the elder, but Sirus last phase literally melt me. I think I have to improve via cluster jewels, but reading the build description I see 8 split personality, that now are limited to 2. Someone can help me to improve my dmg/int or buffs via cluster jewels?

Thank you, and sorry for my bad English.
Can i ask why we dont use something else instead of elemental focus? Isn't freeze/chill nice to have?

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/jzw5q9.jpg[/IMG]

Hello :3
"
ezyanfarihin wrote:
Can i ask why we dont use something else instead of elemental focus? Isn't freeze/chill nice to have?
We apply chill through Chilled Ground from Icestorm :) The shards itself cannot chill / freeze, but we will still get Chilled Ground on impact!
Haven't played in a few league but came back to harvest because you are actually allowed to gear yourself. Always loved playing whispering ice in the past. Is the build still decent without all these harvest crafts? I'm seeing super nutty gear being posted here that will not be even remotely possible next league. Was hoping to use this as an early league build next league. Build looks super expensive at first glance.

I think I can manage crafting the chest and gloves without too much issue but the rings and necklaces I'm seeing are my main concerns lol. Hopefully next league mechanic is decent.
Last edited by Syche22 on Aug 13, 2020, 10:05:00 AM
"
Mayn4rd wrote:
Hello, I started this league late, but I’ve quickly complete my atlas with this character. I’m at a certain point where I can easily do any t16 map, included ele-reflect, shaper and the elder, but Sirus last phase literally melt me. I think I have to improve via cluster jewels, but reading the build description I see 8 split personality, that now are limited to 2. Someone can help me to improve my dmg/int or buffs via cluster jewels?

Thank you, and sorry for my bad English.

Sirus last phase requires good prediction of his telegraphed skills & wise flask usage, OR a LOT of ES to just facetank the hits.

Icestorm damage is scaled most efficiently via Intelligence. Other sources, in order of magnitude:
% MORE - Example: Hatred, Support gems such as Concentrated Effect
INCREASED DAMAGE TAKEN - Example: Inquisitor ascendancy, Aspect of the Spider or Skitterbots shock or Bonechill chill effect, or Unnerved
PENETRATION of resistance - Example: Heart of Ice from the passive tree, Pure Talent Templar bonus
LOWERED BASE RESISTANCE - Example: Frostbite, Elemental Weakness, Cold Exposure
% INCREASED - Example: Tranquility, Cyclopean Coil % dmg per lowest attr, Crusader/Shaper % dmg per Int or any % inc dmg from gear or passives
+ BASE damage - Example: Herald of Ice, Abyss Jewels elemental dmg added, base dmg affix from rings (only 45% of any added values are applied - due to Icestorm skill effectiveness)

I think that's all types. Of course there are more sources of each type as well as additional mechanics such as Culling Strike or corpse explosions but they are not actually added Icestorm damage, but secondary effects/skills.

"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
"
ezyanfarihin wrote:
We apply chill through Chilled Ground from Icestorm :) The shards itself cannot chill / freeze, but we will still get Chilled Ground on impact!

Exactly. More importantly, we can also apply chill from Vortex, Skitterbots or Cold Snap, where we utilize Bonechill support gem for increased cold damage taken from chill effect. Elemental Focus is one of the top gems to gain %MORE multiplier to our average shard damage. Now, freeze is not that effective with Icestorm as it deals relatively low damage per hit. Strangely enough though, I very often hear my enemies shatter. I don't know why, but perhaps my lvl 7 Cold Snap or lvl 10 Frost Bomb deal enough damage or crit so often that they apply freeze... or Frostbite ignores the Elemental Focus restriction. Nevertheless, it sounds good though.

"
Syche22 wrote:
Haven't played in a few league but came back to harvest because you are actually allowed to gear yourself. Always loved playing whispering ice in the past. Is the build still decent without all these harvest crafts? I'm seeing super nutty gear being posted here that will not be even remotely possible next league. Was hoping to use this as an early league build next league. Build looks super expensive at first glance.

I think I can manage crafting the chest and gloves without too much issue but the rings and necklaces I'm seeing are my main concerns lol. Hopefully next league mechanic is decent.

Read my response to a similar question just the other day https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/2628295#p23441461
I've leaguestarted with this build in Delirium and in Harvest. In Delirium I even leaguestarted as SSF WI and got to lvl 94 and started completing wave 20 simulacrums.
"
Syche22 wrote:

Check my gear... no hard craft at all

There are no expensive itens on my gear / jewels

Here is my sirius 8 kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQCirE-e8QI

Next league this setup will probably work too!

Just a reminder: This setup work only if you have at last 4 medium clusters to increase the effect of the purity skills!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info