[3.8]CodRayZeal's Iron Commander Hierophant (10 Siege Ballistas @ 300k dps)

"
leohero923 wrote:
Thank you so much for this build.
I really love ballistas.
However, I am new :( never try stack stat build and this guide looks not cheap.

Could you please help us (new) update passives tree level by level and item progression so we can follow? Thank you so much.

I will do my best to add something like this as I remember the parts
A question about which tree to follow. I'm going by the cost effective tree atm and while looking at your character your current tree is significantly different. Do I spec out of the witch area and into the ranger area at a later time?
"
How do you feel about the ring The Taming for this build? Hyrri's Demise ensures we hit all 3 elements, allowing us to ignite, shock, and chill/freeze. There's no dex on the ring, but perhaps the ring itself is worth 200 dex.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
A question about which tree to follow. I'm going by the cost effective tree atm and while looking at your character your current tree is significantly different. Do I spec out of the witch area and into the ranger area at a later time?

Correct, going to the witch and marauder for pure stats ends up for some reason being more effective than going to get the ranger cluster, it also ends you with a decent amount of the other 2 attributes which translates into some damage from cyclopean coil as well as some life from the strength as well as from fractal thoughts. from that point you'll be playing around in PoB to hit breakpoints and so on and eventually end up with either a tree like mine or a completely different tree.
"
MeLikeChoco wrote:
How do you feel about the ring The Taming for this build? Hyrri's Demise ensures we hit all 3 elements, allowing us to ignite, shock, and chill/freeze. There's no dex on the ring, but perhaps the ring itself is worth 200 dex.

The Taming is a nice option, but I think I would rather take all that currency and invest into a super joocey opal ring with flat cold, dex and elemental damage with attack skills. So its not a case of it being bad for the build just a case of there being better rings you can get with 2ex, you could easily recover that missing dexterity somewhere else too, swapping out my HH and Inspired learning on a 1400 dex build ends me with 1500 odd so its entirely possible to run the taming and maintain 10 totems.
tx for fun build!

i have one question about timeless jewel

is that exactly needed 1331 points? with maraketh ashena

i couldnt found it yet :P
A quick update, I'm lvl 75 now and the build feels very strong. I was able to transition to siege ballista at around level 47 (600+ dex for six totems). I thought I'll share my leveling gears for those looking to start this build.

Level 1 - I swapped out Goldrim for Asenath at level 8 since there's hardly much ele damage before act 6 anyway. Once I equip storm cloud, I swapped out the Blackhearts for a couple of rare rings. I use Vaal RoA and Vaal Burning Arrow for single target.
Spoiler

Level 20+ - Prismweave, Berek's Pass, and Sacrificial Heart gives you a ton of added elemental damage, Karui Charge is also useful. We need a lot of damage on gears since we are only taking pathing nodes. This got me to the point where I can transition into Siege Ballista.
Spoiler
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jul 18, 2019, 1:04:56 PM
"
aaow wrote:
tx for fun build!

i have one question about timeless jewel

is that exactly needed 1331 points? with maraketh ashena

i couldnt found it yet :P

that is just the one I have, one with the same seed would have the same tree as mine, each seed is completely different so 1331 probably has nothing similar to 1332, any maraketh jewel with 2-4x 5% dexterity nodes up there will work.
Playing Path of Building and discovered a fantastic jewel for this build, Intuitive Leap socketed in the Ranger area.

https://imgur.com/saHum4b

You can pick up Survivalist, Heartseeker, Acuity, and +1 Frenzy for four points. Probably the most efficient use of a jewel socket ever.

"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Playing Path of Building and discovered a fantastic jewel for this build, Intuitive Leap socketed in the Ranger area.

https://imgur.com/saHum4b

You can pick up Survivalist, Heartseeker, Acuity, and +1 Frenzy for four points. Probably the most efficient use of a jewel socket ever.

fantastic find! but thats where inspired learning goes :P Honestly intuitive leap is probably a better decision than inspired learning although this build does benefit extensively from nabbing rare mods.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info