[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Does the build pick up enough crit while levelling or early in to maps to offset the effect of controlled destruction after the crit strikes change?
If someone wouldnt mind could you please explain the general pros/cons of this vs a storm brand elementalist
"
Thanks for the build !
Took the core of the build and did my own to reach 1M dps on shaper . quite nice
Nice!

"
Does the build pick up enough crit while levelling or early in to maps to offset the effect of controlled destruction after the crit strikes change?
Yes

"
If someone wouldnt mind could you please explain the general pros/cons of this vs a storm brand elementalist
Inquisitor - Gets to not care about damage pen in both links and gear. Huge amounts of attack and cast speed quality of life. Overall my favorite Ascendancy for newer players.

Hierophant - Additional Brand and charge uptime are great. The choice between Mind over Matter effectiveness or a or Huge ES boost for Low Life variants seems great too. Arcane Surge Ailment Immunity could allow for some heavy unique flask usage as well.

Ascendant - If you haven't played with Slayer Leech before you should probably try it at some point. Combined with quality of life of flasks (pathfinder) or reflect immunity (elementalist) seems like a great endgame choice.

Elementalist - 20% min base shock effectiveness with Beacon is insane. Huge Herald pen and AoE/Damage. It's a really awesome Ascendancy not just for brands but for anything elemental.
I think this build is going to be my primary forcus for 3.6. Playstyle and survivability look like they're right up my alley. I like to play solo, but in a trade league just in case I just can't find what I need or happen to get a goldmine drop.

I played Enki's for Betrayal, which was the first league that I've played even remotely seriously, so this feels like an easy transition.

Thanks thi3n!
Last edited by Stehlo on Mar 7, 2019, 6:12:13 PM
Nice guide, would this build work with scion? If so got a possible pob for it?
I see that conc effect is used in the PoB but not in the forums guide, which is correct?
Thoughts on dropping augury of pentinence for sanctify? augury only works if your nearby which i generally try not to be too close with storm brand but with sanctify you have a 10% chance to make conc ground when hitting a unique enemy (among other things) and storm brand hits fairly often so i would think you could somewhat reliably create conc ground which in the new patch hits against enemies on conc ground have 100% increased critical strike chance. I was just wondering if you think this is viable or a bad idea
Thanks for this guide, this is going to be my starter for sure. Just for the ease of playstyle. And the dmg nerf is fine. Its not like we are talking amrageddon brand or anything. ;)
"
Thoughts on dropping augury of pentinence for sanctify? augury only works if your nearby which i generally try not to be too close with storm brand but with sanctify you have a 10% chance to make conc ground when hitting a unique enemy (among other things) and storm brand hits fairly often so i would think you could somewhat reliably create conc ground which in the new patch hits against enemies on conc ground have 100% increased critical strike chance. I was just wondering if you think this is viable or a bad idea

While may be fully viable, one thing about brands is the brand recall skill. Its a big shotgun of dmg recalling all brands to your location and nuking whatever is close.

Hey Thi3n im looking into doing something like your build as my league start.
How do you feel about going EB(possibly using diadem) and reserving mana as a way to take advantage of the new ES leech (and es leech support looks juicy)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info