I am currently having a fairly easy time soloing chaos with this build. I'm level 61 and my gear is mediocre:

http://tinyurl.com/825x93f

At level 66 I'll be at:

http://tinyurl.com/797x568

And from there, there are many +6% damage choices.

My mediocre gear is:

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Aside from the staff, nothing in that list is worth a whole heck of a lot. I've been dropping fusings to try and link the armor, though.

My main attack is ground slam (level 15, 9%) supported by weapon elemental damage (15, 10%), Fire Damage (15) and Melee Damage (15). It is 9599.9 DPS, doing 4500 - 9700 of AOE damage.

My secondary attach for fire resistant enemies is Glaciel Hammer (15, 14%) supported by Added Cold Damage (15), Weapon Elemental Damage (15), and Mana Leech (15). It's also a good skill for non-hard hitting bosses.

I frequently use Elemental Weakness (15) for resistant mobs and Temporal CHains (15) supported by increased AOE (15) for swarms or fast moving monsters.

I have been experimenting with the anger (12) aura, but it seems like a waste.

This is a really easy to use build. Leveling was a breeze - I one hit almost everything with AOE until merciless. Since, it's been 1-2 hits on everything except high HP, resistant, or rare monsters.

IGN: Robin_Hudd
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The defense is 77% DR, 29% Evade, 23% Block, 65% FR, 75% LR, 0% Cold R and 0% Chaos R.

I have 1161 life, 135 shield, and 436 mana. The 25 mana on kill really makes this build work.
Thanks for your insight! I am a newbie player, but one of my characters is an AoF templar (currently in the middle of act 2 of normal). I have some questions:

1. You've got a lot of +%life and regen. Why not to take Blood Magic? Especially with life leech it should work good
(I am about to take BM on my templar actually)

2. Pyromaniac is right there. Did you consider taking it? I understand that your crit chance is not high with the talents you have, but maybe that can be fixed with gear/support gems/curses (elemental already boosts the chance to be ignited IIRC)?

1) Blood magic would have cost me 9 passives. The mana on kill only cost me 3.

I have a lot of intelligence in this build - between the mana regen and the mana on kill, I rarely have mana problems even in chaos. I suppose this could change if I link 5 or 6 and I would need to reevaluate. Right now, I have only 1 mana potion on my belt and it's enough.

2) I'm killing things in 1-2 hits, so damage over time is really ineffective. I suppose it would help for boss mobs - but even then it wouldn't be worth much.

I wish there was a WoW type mod where I can see how much damage is coming from each source.
Hey.
I'm also running an AoF templar, with a staff base, but my build is different than yours. Instead of focusing on 2H Weapon damage on the marauder side i went up and got the witch's increase fire damage enclave and the Pyromaniac.
The burn damage from an aoe ground slam, with molten shell as a small armor buffer/ damage dealer works pretty good.
With Pyromaniac and Immolation burn damages usually damages 2/3 of a mobs life, the other 1/3 done by a skill, if the mob has Fire Resist or Increased Life.
The idea with Glacial hammer to use for Fire Resist Mobs didn't really occur to me, but i think it's worth a shot. Thanks.
Now, this is my build. What do you think?
I originally did what you did, minus the burn focus. I found I lacked the survivability for hell. Moreover, fire damage is not as strong as physical damage when you use glacial hammer - which made it a lot tougher for me to kill fire resist enemies.

I had a lot more mana, but a lot less health and armor.

I've had a much easier time since the reroll. Maybe your experience will be different.
Hey, it looks a really nice build. I got my invite a couple of days ago and would like to know few things to help me start a new templar this way.

First: what is most way useful to level your passives into first? AOF for damage or Soul Syphon for mana or Armour Mastery for defense?

Second: What 2hander should i be looking to get? Stave or axe or mace?
I had a very similar build however I was planning on using Axes and Cleave instead of Staves and Groundslam. How would the two compare in damage?

Also when I am going down to the marauder tree I can pick up a whole cluster of axe damage nodes instead of stat points.
Hi
only wonder one thing, why not go for some accuracy nods ?
i meen there is plenty of +10% and +staffdmg/acc nods u can take is it rly that worthless ?

i meen i woud understand if u went for resolute technique but u dont

and a second thing why not take the +crit% nods ? they r 15% /ea aint it worth it aswell ?
Yeah, I was wondering that as well. How does crit synergize with skills?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info