3.5 Iron Fortress Flicker Juggernaut

"
lucksickle wrote:
"
lucksickle wrote:
Better defensively with a Loreweave, yes. Better offensively, no. Repentance and Crown of Eyes mean that the bonus physical from strength becomes bonus to melee attacks, thus you get 3% melee damage which will apply to elemental attacks.

Oh wow, really? Is this the way it works? I don't see why.

The base stat you get from strength is:
"Every 10 strength grants 2% increased melee physical damage."

Iron Will from repentance gives:
The bonus will be +1% increased Spell Damage for every five points of strength.

Then Crown of Eyes turns it into:
"Increases and Reductions to Spell Damage also apply to Attacks"

Iron Fortress states:
"Strength's Damage Bonus instead grants 3% increased Melee Physical Damage per 10 Strength"

So wouldn't you be getting:
1% increased spell damage (applied to attacks by crown) per 5 strength
3% increased melee physical damage per 10 strength (not applying to sprinkler ele)

?

Note the instead wording from The Iron Fortress.

"
Strength's damage bonus instead grants 3% increased melee physical damage per 10 strength.

Here is the text from the Iron Will support gem which is basically what the gloves give except the increased spell damage from levels.

"
Supports spell skills, making the increase to physical melee damage from strength also increase their spell damage.

With these two uniques every 10 strength will give 3% increased melee physical damage and spell damage.

Crown of Eyes will make spell damage apply to attacks. This is a global modifier to attacks increasing physical, elemental, projectile, chaos, etc. damage.

"
Increases and reductions to spell damage also apply to attacks.

Because we get 3% spell damage per 10 strength, it will also mean that we get 3% attack damage as well. This is why it works for elemental damage.

Here is a comparison of the damage in PoB. The left shows the values of the Iron Fortress with the 3% bonus edited out, the right shows the normal values. The bonus from strength is in the "MH Total Increased" field under all types. On the left I only have 204% increased attack damage from 1021 strength. On the right I have 306% which is consistent with 3% attack damage per 10 strength.

"
Geti wrote:
"
Sie_Sayoka wrote:
The guide is now finished.

"
Geti wrote:
I'm aware that it's mostly for the meme, but unless something has changed, strength's melee physical bonus doesn't double dip with Iron Will and Crown of Eyes.

However, CoE should still scale the fire damage from Brutus' Lead Sprinkler, so that's fine.

Kinda sounds like I'm not making any points here, but the Iron Will CoE interaction (or lack thereof for physical damage) isn't inherently obvious, and is good to keep in mind.

Maybe it does double dip while using The Iron Fortress? Haven't tested it myself, and I doubt it, but it's something to keep in mind.

There is no double dipping. Every 10 strength normally provides 2% melee physical damage. With Crown of Eyes and Repentance it will give 2% attack damage instead. A 2% bonus is given in both instances.

Yup, makes sense, thanks for confirming. Just for clarity's sake, the bonus is 3% for both with Iron Fortress right?

Maybe I was wrong and there is double dipping. PoB lists 3% global attack damage and 3% melee physical damage increases. Might be interesting with impale or something.
"
Sie_Sayoka wrote:
making the increase to physical melee damage from strength also increase their spell damage

My mind is now blown. Absolutely brilliant, you're a genius lol.

"
Sie_Sayoka wrote:
Maybe I was wrong and there is double dipping. PoB lists 3% global attack damage and 3% melee physical damage increases. Might be interesting with impale or something.

I'm obviously not the most versed in this, but yeah, from what I gather, melee physical attacks should be getting 6% increased damage per 10 str.
Last edited by lucksickle on Feb 10, 2019, 11:13:42 PM
any updates for 3.22? and i can't find the passive tree
This is a 4.5 year old build you're looking at. The game has changed dramatically since this was posted. I wouldn't expect an update on this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info