[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
Rjr3412 wrote:

- No Cooldown Recovery needed with current setup
- Greater than 3 million Shaper DPS without Shock or Vaal RF, only Flasks

Thanks for the write-up.

Why exactly don't you need Cooldown Recovery?

And is there a way for PoB to calculate total DPS for CoC or did you multiply your averege hits by hand?

Thanks.
"
nookfu wrote:
"
Rjr3412 wrote:

Thanks for the write-up.

Why exactly don't you need Cooldown Recovery?

And is there a way for PoB to calculate total DPS for CoC or did you multiply your averege hits by hand?

Thanks.

No cooldown recovery is needed due to using more than one spell. The base cooldown for Cospri's and Cast on Crit is .15 seconds, so if you are critting less than 6.67 times per second (allowing for system lag), then you can use one spell in your Cospri's and one in your Cast on Crit setup.

When you add a second spell in the Cosrpri's or a second Cospri's, or to Cast on Crit, they trigger in sequence.

Using my setup as an example:
- Crit 1 - Ice Nova from chest / Frost Orb from left Cospri's
- Crit 2 - Arc from chest / Ice Nova from right Cospri's
- Crit 3 - Ice Nova from chest / Frost Orb from left Cospri's
- Crit 4 - Arc from chest / Ice Nova from right Cospri's
- etc.

As each spell is triggered, it cannot trigger again for .15 seconds. If dual wielding, you will hit, and trigger, with each weapon alternatingly. (ie. Left, Right, Left, Right ....)

So as long as I do not crit more than twice every .15 seconds, I should never have a spell on cooldown.

~~~

To calculate DPS is a bit more complex, and there is an example on the OPs Pastebin under Notes:
- Take Cyclone's Attacks Per Second, Multiply by Crit Rate, to get Crits per second
- Again using my example: Sum up
Cospri's Frost Orb Average Damage * Crits per second / 2 (spells)
Cospri's Ice Nova Average Damage * Crits per second * 2 (triggers) / 2 (spells)
CoC's Ice Nova Average Damage * Crits per second * 2 (triggers) / 2 (spells)
CoC's Arc Average Damage * Crits per second / 2 (spells)

Each line above should give you the DPS for each spell and then you sum them up for total DPS. (Make sure to use Average Damage and not DPS as that will account for casting.

I set up some formulas in a google drive spreadsheet to help me compare upgrades.
Guys do I need 100% accuracy for this build? got 85% :s
"
premierunio wrote:
Guys do I need 100% accuracy for this build? got 85% :s

Good question, I cannot get 100% myself.
Ok, build is a lot fun, tons of damage. Did deathless shaper nearly oneshotting every phase however my current version seems to lack in the regen/leech department that's why for example chimera was a nightmare to beat. Can someone suggest change in gear/tree to solve this issue I'm not particulary good with theory crafting and I don't wanna ruin the build.

https://pastebin.com/1F3szP88
"
Rjr3412 wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
so for those who dual wield better damage or better with a shield with %spell damage?

It will usually be more damage, but you lose out on the block chance and other effects like Zeel's extra area. Also makes it tougher to gear as Shields are an easy source for resistances.

Note - If you do Dual Wield, make sure Frost Bolt is in your LEFT Cospri's so that it casts first, otherwise your Ice Nova will cast on you rather than it.

Item for consideration - Militant Faith (Dominus) - Near Mind over Matter - left of Witch start
- Grants 15-18% MORE spell damage (depending on 5/6 Power Charges)
- Granting me 18% All Elemental Resistance in current position
- Granting me 9% increased Aura effect in current position

Gearing update for Dual Wield:
Spoiler

Notes -
- Using Mana Reservation to use Hatred instead of Blasphemy Enfeeble (due to Watcher's Eye)
- Not taking the 6th Power Charge yet as before Militant Faith it wasn't offering enough ... need to calculate if it will now be better than other options
- Arc in Body Armour for better Legion clear (Feels very effective)
- No Gem swapping for Uber Elder / Shaper / Guardians
- Still crafting my Ring, need - Mana Cost and probably % Damage, this will allow No Regen maps without swapping flasks
- Considering swapping Enfeeble or Frost Bomb for Wave of Conviction to get Cold Exposure
- Need a better Hypnotic Eye in my belt ... maybe I'll Divine my Helm until I don't need the dex ...

Planning to try to get a recording of a 4 or 5 emblem fight and an Uber Elder.

wow nice write up.. currently using this setup...
36k in hide out round there thx again for your input
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
How about the 3 Attacks per Second and Cooldown Recovery Speed ?

have there been any changes?
the cyclone attack speed has changed you want around 7.5 right now im at 7.3 dual welding
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Thanks bro, this is with CD recovery speed right? Without
still at 6.06 or a bit highter ?

Im new and english is not my native language so i have some difficulty to understand it.
Last edited by ChevalierSolaire on Jun 25, 2019, 8:38:05 PM
That is something I am also interested in knowing. Just started this league, it's my first time being invested this heavily in the game, and the build is a bit overwhelming but really fun.

If you don't have a belt with >14% Cooldown recovery and have a Cospri with <9% Attack speed, as recommended by OP, what's the total Attack speed that should be expected?

Thanks!
Last edited by Sianais on Jun 25, 2019, 9:06:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info