0.10.2 Patch Notes

"
deadlylag wrote:

Do you actually think this will slow these people down? Seriously? All it does it will hurt the vast majority of players in the game. It's a pipe dream fix.

This is exactly what it does, it keeps new players and players with moderate gear from making any gains, while the players that are decked out already can more easily take advantage of it.

Edit: I used to run normal Merveils with a public party, when I killed Merveil I would pop a tp and all the low levels would come in and loot all the rares, gave them equipment to level with and some currency to recoup after they died. I will no longer be running those freebie runs like that, from now on, any boss kills will be paid in full before the run, which in turn just pushes the poor further down!
IGN: Spectarz
Last edited by Spectarz on Mar 8, 2013, 6:19:05 PM
"
"
romario711 wrote:
I was really hoping on change loot system. It's really unfair when i kill mobs and some retards are staying behind and waiting for steal others loot. You should change it or at least make current time 5x longer. Sometimes items are dropping in different directions. So how i suppose can pick them up?

Making it longer will essentially guarantee a player loot, which is entirely NOT the reason for there being a timer.

So are you saying that the timer is there t encourage a click-race between the "rightful owner" of the loot and the loot ninjas who are trying to nab it? Sometimes -- timer or no timer -- grabbing loot can depend on one's computer and internet connection. Performance on my desktop is by far superior to performance on my laptop, and so I lose click-races more frequently on my laptop.

I am not a huge griper about the loot system, but I do think that it undermines teamwork a little bit. I wonder if it is possible to remove timers altogether, and make only unique and rare items player-specific until the given player picks it up. If the player drops it after picking it up or leaves the group without picking it up, it becomes public. Perhaps do the same to currency drops? I mean, if a player really tricks out their toon with item rarity mods, and goes thru the effort to try to land the killing blow, it's not really cool for the vultures to swoop in and try to nab all the loot that essentially would not even drop if not for all the effort of one particular player.

I for one play as conscientiously as possible and have at times picked up someone else's rare loot just to whisper to them that I have it for them. Sometimes they tell me to keep it and sometimes they are glad I rescued it from a potential thief. Only once has another player ever grabbed something of mine and gave it back. So in my experience players are more likely to steal than they are to cooperate. It may also be that English is not their first language so they choose not to engage me. In either case, I give a lot of props to the devs for coming up with the timers -- it is certainly clever and it DOES work better than not having them. However I still approach partying very cautiously, only doing it when i really really cannot solo a boss or a particular area. I imagine that the original intent of party-play was not an "only when i cannot solo" feature.
Yes it is encouraging that, and that is the Dev's intentions. It has been stated by them already that we are a bunch of criminals, and this is not an environment of rainbows and unicorns.

edit: Paraphrased
IGN: Spectarz
Last edited by Spectarz on Mar 8, 2013, 7:57:45 PM
Bring back the old act 1 voices, I like those much better.
The Orb change is lame.

I play the game solo mostly and it is far more difficult solo than it is with a group. I don't know anyone that plays the game and public groups can be somewhat infuriating, hence why I play solo. I struggle as it is to get enough currency to upgrade my gear and the chaos orb recipe used to be a good one to allow me to try and roll better stats from " time to time " to offset the useless amount of rares that I have found in this game.

What was the reason for the change?
"
grootoo wrote:
Bring back the old act 1 voices, I like those much better.

Yeah, I preferred the old voices too. Tarkleigh was perfect, now he's a bit meh. And Nessa's morose tone was more fitting to the occasion. I don't know why they changed them, they are the same actors, right? Now there are times where the voice doesn't even fit the text (Nessa doesn't say "a warning to you is like a red rag to a bull", or something like that, for example. And the Fetid Pool still doesn't have a voice over.

But I love Nessa's new greeting to the Duelist :D

Also, when you upgrade a gem, the sound it makes now is a bit strange, like it stops midway. Not sure it was intended that way.

Those are the only things I have to complain about the new patch. Everything else is great so far.
Awesome patch.

Not too thrilled about the new lightning arrow visual though. Any chance we can get the old one as a microtransaction?
Hm.....bug? Too many chests spawn in first locations of first act.
"
25six wrote:
The Orb change is lame.

I play the game solo mostly and it is far more difficult solo than it is with a group. I don't know anyone that plays the game and public groups can be somewhat infuriating, hence why I play solo. I struggle as it is to get enough currency to upgrade my gear and the chaos orb recipe used to be a good one to allow me to try and roll better stats from " time to time " to offset the useless amount of rares that I have found in this game.

What was the reason for the change?

I fully agree and support 25six. Chaos Orbs gave me at least some financial support. Now its gone...sad. Very Very sad!!!
I like the new patch, but there are some odd changes too... but keep up the good work GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info