Puncture

I picked this skill up on my shadow today and I absolutely love it, stack 4 viper strikes on a boss then tag it with puncture and watch that hp bar vanish, though I find it strange, with how the skills graphic looks on enemies, it's more of a rupture then a puncture, they look like they just got covered in deep gaping wounds. :p
Is this even effective with fast weapons that don't hit hard?

Would using this on a dagger build be stupid?

Is it effected by dual wield at all or does that not count towards the bleed?

It doesn't stack, so with low Physical damage it's going to suck a lot.
Thats really sad to hear I really wanted to use this with my dagger build I wish there was some mechanic that would make it viable for dual wield. Anyhow thanks for the info.
remove effect of "deal more damage when enemy moves".
this is some effect no one will use. what if the enemy is with ranged skills?
add some more interesting and strong and useful not some mediocre stupid thing "deal more damage when enemy moves".
seriously.. who uses this skill in game?
it should be something like "deal more damage when enemy has more chaos stack"
or "deal more damage when enemy has more debuff"
or "deal more damage when you use dual weapons"
or "bleed can stack up to 10 or 20 without "deal more damage when enemy.....etc""
there is no any skill or something i can deal more damage when enemy moves
or any skill or something increasing bleed damage.
(do even increased elemental damage passive skills increase bleed damage?)
puncture is not viable skill at all since there is nothing except "while they move".
"while they move" is most mediocre and useless thing.
bleed is not mediocre thing like this.
bleed is great idea.
without "while they move".
try something more hard and innovated or strong and simple than stupid weird condition thing that makes people more lazy and inconvenient.
Last edited by rsthrsdj on Feb 4, 2013, 5:22:58 PM
I haven't read every comment, so I don't know if this has been posted yet, but when a creature dies with puncture and is resurrected by a necromancer/etc, the remaining puncture duration continues to bleed out on the newly-resurrected minion. Not sure if this is functioning as intended.
that sounds bad, good thing you caught that.
Why does this need Int?

From a flavor perspective this doesn't make sense to me. Besides if you are heavy in to INT I think a more caster like skill will be your choice instead of using a bow with physical damage.

Skill is underpowered at the moment.
Does knockback and flee trigger also the 50% bonus dmg ?
I am pretty sure flee does trigger it but don`t know about knockback ...

If knockback is a "move" in a way that the creep is standing in a differnt spot then before and triggers the bonus dmg. How long will the bonus dmg be dealt ?

Does it work like this :
Player hits creeps for 10 dmg. Creep moves 0,5 seconds to the player. In that 0.5 seconds puncture does 10% + 50% moving -> 60%. 6 dmg in one second and 3 dmg in that 0.5 seconds.

For knockback : It seems to take a little time to move the creep back. But is that a "move" or only an "instant" appearance ? If it is a move - how long is it ... how long does it make bonus dmg ?
"
martstar wrote:
Does knockback and flee trigger also the 50% bonus dmg ?
I am pretty sure flee does trigger it but don`t know about knockback ...

If knockback is a "move" in a way that the creep is standing in a differnt spot then before and triggers the bonus dmg. How long will the bonus dmg be dealt ?

Does it work like this :
Player hits creeps for 10 dmg. Creep moves 0,5 seconds to the player. In that 0.5 seconds puncture does 10% + 50% moving -> 60%. 6 dmg in one second and 3 dmg in that 0.5 seconds.

For knockback : It seems to take a little time to move the creep back. But is that a "move" or only an "instant" appearance ? If it is a move - how long is it ... how long does it make bonus dmg ?
knockback and flee (and blind and life on hit and leech effects) only happen on the literal hit, not damage over time.
knockbacks are instant yet you or they have to get back into melee range if that is the case.
your math seems wrong, yes 10 *60% = 6, but you forgot the seconds. in 0.5 seconds of moving, for that took that much initial hit damage will suffer 3 damage in the 0.5 seconds. the next 0.5 hp per second while not moving is left over, rounds up if the skill somehow has to suddenly end there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info