[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Yrzi wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:
Thanks for your great and detailed answer!

Maybe i misunderstood something i am reading the leveling section actualy:

Do i have to play until maps to use herald of agony? i thought a league starter always uses the mainskills from the beginning.

Is this build still fast/tanky/sustainable even when not using herald of agony and instead one of the in the leveling section adviced skills?

Well you can play with it when you get it but its not that good for leveling but doable for sure, also you will have mana problems until you get a good claw that has mana on hit if you are using cyclone, you could try smite or molten strike before that but you will never really get that many stacks for agony crawler to do proper damage

And yes its a very strong leveler, follow the melee skill tree until you are ready to switch to cyclone and agony crawler and spend you respec points then.

I havent tried the other leveling methods so cant comment on those, always had a very easy time with smite, holy relic and herald of purity in 3-4 links and dual wielding (war banner and clarity for support)

Thanks again :)

Will try that build for my brother and suggest him to go the melee route for leveling. Its still facetanky/sustainable when using the meleeleveling route?

Because i cant find any defensive layer.
It has moderate low hp (5000) and there no real defensive ascendency taken, only offense ones. In the video it looks VERY tanky, hp isnt droping at any time.

6L gloves are realy hard to get with 3.9 , is this a big downside?
Last edited by Enterich on Dec 12, 2019, 3:09:14 PM
"
Enterich wrote:
Because i cant find any defensive layer.
It has moderate low hp (5000) and there no real defensive ascendency taken, only offense ones. In the video it looks VERY tanky, hp isnt droping at any time.

The build has many defensive layers:
- 5 endurance charges
- blind on hit
- fortify
- 100 life gain on hit with 12 attacks per second = 1200 life gained per second
- 600 life regen per second
- Bastion of Hope ascendancy (+50% attack block for 2s every 5s) and 34% block (10 from ascendancy, 24 from shield) base.

"
Enterich wrote:
6L gloves are realy hard to get with 3.9 , is this a big downside?

6L gloves won't be that hard to get on trade league.
"
Michajela wrote:
I'm sorry maybe this question was answered before but i cba to search all 80 pgs for it.
Question is this SSF viable ? If yes any pointers ? (im mainly worried about farming this one The Coming Calamity)

I have played this on SSF multiple times and it works amazingly well, I could run red maps with just using rares I picked up, the uniques arent necessary at all.

"
Enterich wrote:

Its still facetanky/sustainable when using the meleeleveling route?

you should be killing everything instantly so that survivability isint an issue, you can always go 1h/shield if you want to play safer, but if you are playing as a duo just go full dmg and breeze through the acts.

I had had 6000-7000hp with this and its really tanky thanks to fortify and life on hit, cyclone keeping you moving constantly and your minions taunt and blind everything. Bosses, delving, lab, all content is really easy. You do get block and endurance charges from the ascendancy so its not full glass cannon in any sense.

Never had 6 link gloves on SSF and like I said could run most red maps without deaths.
I'm not seeing one, but is there any recommended neck anointments for the build?
"
Yrzi wrote:

While leveling I stick to Smite, Holy Relic, War Banner, Zombies at the start and drop them once I get Herald of Purity and dual wield all the way to maps.

Would you mind posting a simple gem progression for this?

Also, could you use a

and switch to HOA earlier?
Last edited by Runvast on Dec 12, 2019, 9:07:56 PM
"
Runvast wrote:
"
Yrzi wrote:

While leveling I stick to Smite, Holy Relic, War Banner, Zombies at the start and drop them once I get Herald of Purity and dual wield all the way to maps.

Would you mind posting a simple gem progression for this?

Also, could you use a

and switch to HOA earlier?

While leveling you kinda use the supports you have links for, you want movement speed in boots, attack speed and dmg on gloves and really only have helm and chest for links (+1/2 minions gems on helm ideally)

For Smite, ancestral call, weapon elemental dmg, melee phys dmg. I used onslaught before but it might not be as useful after the nerf it got for leveling
Zombie/Herald of Purity, Ruthlessness, Minion Damage, Melee Phys, Maim. Again it depends on what color of sockets and how many you have in your gear, sometimes you got a green socket and have to use faster attacks
Holy Relic, all the blue gems mentioned in the guide but tbh while leveling holy relic is usually there just for the support and I wont have many if any room for its support gems.

You can go HOA earlier and with that claw switch poison support for blood magic to solve your mana issues that cyclone brings, it wont be any faster than smiting so dont really see the point in it but if you want to start using your end game build asap thats definitely the way.
Last edited by Yrzi on Dec 13, 2019, 3:10:02 AM
"
daunzey wrote:
I'm not seeing one, but is there any recommended neck anointments for the build?

Whatever stats you need/want. There's no strictly correct answer - I'd probably just go for like Ravenous Horde.
This question may be stupid and was probably answered.
What kind of weapon should I choose for leveling with Smite/Dominating Blow (and early mapping)?
Think I must just be blind, but where do I find the updated PoB if there is one?

In the OP I can only see the 3.6 pob which seems very different to 3.9?

Thanks,
"
silent wrote:
Think I must just be blind, but where do I find the updated PoB if there is one?

In the OP I can only see the 3.6 pob which seems very different to 3.9?

Thanks,

Realised I am indeed blind - its at the very start above contents and the image.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info