[3.2] Hirophant Poet's Pen VD with Indigon and Perm Immortal Call - Uber Elder Deathless

Can anyone explain why we take the +Intelligence route from the Templar starting position, rather than go with +Mana/Mana regeneration route and Sanctify? The difference would be:
-10 Intelligence
-14 Mana
-14% Elemental Damage
+20% Armor
+10% Energy Shield
+2.2% Life Regen (useless due to Vaal Pact)
+10 Strength
+45% Mana Regeneration

I understand it's 1 point more expensive, but since Mana regen is important for this build and DPS is not really a problem thanks to Indigon, I don't see why this isn't a better path.
Last edited by Ressawh on Jun 24, 2018, 12:08:38 PM
Bandits?????

I always wanted to do a Poet's Pen build. Found this one and decide to try it.
Sold some gears from previous builds to afford all the gears required ( 6l cloak, indigon, 2 pairs of poet's pen, warlord ring and the belt). Mapping is a breeze with poet's pen arc.
Facetanked with perma IC against Mino was pretty fun to watch

My next upgrade would be a +1 foible but at the moment no luck. Been vaaling +20 amulets still no +1.
Last edited by TsunaH on Jun 26, 2018, 12:40:25 PM
Yes + 1 curse needs 200+ corrupted amulets now on average (chance was lowered for that)

I am just transitioning from normal Volatile Dead to this (damage was not quite enough in uber elder, everything else was fine though)

Some questions:
1) Do you need KAOM'S ROOTS boots for uber elder, or can you tank the slow/drain phases?

2) Will go Arc for mapping, and in weapon swap for bosses is this still recommended:
Right - Volatile Dead lv21 - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect
Left - Unearth lv21 - GMP - Immortal Call

Or (someone recommended this)
Right - Ball Lightning lvl21 - Slower Projectiles lvl21 - Ele Focus (?)
Left - Immortal Call 21 - Arc 21 - Contr Destruction 21

This is also if you have no +1 volatile dead on indigon (which is like 80ex, stupid price, but there are never any for sale, takes on average 350 lab enchants to get this of course)

3) As we seem to have more then enough damage and with the reduced effectiveness on curses on bosses how about Enfeeble (maybe with CWDT instead CurseonHit) instead Ele Weakness? Also if you have penetration corruption on the Pens too.

4) Is Vaal Pact really necessary? Would try without and only take Spirit Void for the mana/leech there. Having quite some significant lifereg with boots enchant (and stone golem if you want)

5) Are Grand Spectrums really necessary? 3 total to 270 mana - with 3 good abyss jewels you get around 130 mana, 130 life, and res, and some utility like blind on hit, attack speed, or some extra damage etc.
Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Jun 26, 2018, 6:15:54 PM
Since Im gonna get stuck with one curse at the moment and I plan to get burning gloves , what gem should i replace in my 6l setup to put Combustion ?
Hello ty for this build really enjoying it. Also my first time playing Poe. Before I post my toon, would you mind taking a look at my gear n set up to see what I can change or what I'm doing wrong or suggestions to upgrade?

I can see that my skill gems in my weapons need to be changed.
"
TeeTay wrote:

Imo remove the mana leech gems. They are useless for the build. You're already leeching life with your ascendancy. For mana leech use a curse on hit setup. ( Frenzy/Kinetic Blast - GMP - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark- Faster Attack in a 5L so you may have to recolor your chest for the time being). Remove Firestorm and the 2 CWDT. You prolly want to use KB instead of Frenzy since you dont have warlord mark's ring.

Warlord's Mark is the first curse you want to use for mana leech. Lion's Roar is useless for the build. Get an Atziri's Promise ( really cheap) instead.

I see you only have 1 pair of Poet's Pen so remove arc and put like fire pen/conc - VD/bodyswap on your poet's pen. Put an Immortal Call gem in one of your poet's pen. The build is also focused of being immune to ALL damage with IC.

Get Mana on EVERY rare gears possible. We're using MoM which means Mana is added to our eHP even our mana keep getting drained most of the times tho. Life can come way after. Imo the priority on gears woul be : Mana > Res (since we're using a lot of uniques)>>> Life.
Last edited by TsunaH on Jun 27, 2018, 2:56:06 PM
Thank you. If I were able to get the WM ring do I just refer back to the original OP for the 5/6 link? I have the currency. And also will be getting another set of pens for the boss set up.

Also I see people saying here that arc is better for mapping instead of VD?
"
TeeTay wrote:
Thank you. If I were able to get the WM ring do I just refer back to the original OP for the 5/6 link? I have the currency. And also will be getting another set of pens for the boss set up.

Also I see people saying here that arc is better for mapping instead of VD?

If u can get a WM ring then yes u can go back to the original setup

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info