Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I dunno, I wince every time she says 'everything BURNS!' because SHOUTING IS NOT ACTING. It was meant to be a mimic of the Witch's more sinister, softer 'everthing dies' but oh well.

I've been playing with Her on Betrayal in a very limited sense: no fire damage at all, just to see how She functions on a leash. The on-kill-rare quotes are easily my least favourite, and sadly we hear those the most.

...and? How does she function on a leash?

I feel the same way about her on-kill quotes. I too wince (internally) every time. Though I love the idea of a talking weapon, they will almost certainly keep me from continuing to play with the sword once she completes the campaign and hits maps. But I want to experience at least one playthrough of the game with her.

(To be fair, I hate a number of GGG's chosen VA's, including the Scion's, so this may just be a product of my pickiness. I haven't received enough training to be a good actor, but I have had enough to recognize good and bad acting, and most of the time I think it's more of a curse than a blessing.)

Incidentally, is UH locked out of reappearing once you have the sword? Can you farm more than one with the same character?

Charan said one uber Hillock per character is the limit. The other day I just started a new instance on a level 8 character when someone asked about a big trade. Without thinking I exited the character and switched to another to make the trade. Now, what do I do? That might have been the UH? Kick myself?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Whoah, wait a minute.

So if you fuck up on UH after having farmed for countless hours to get him to appear, you are done and can never have another chance?

Obviously doesn't affect me, but if true, damn...
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Whoah, wait a minute.

So if you fuck up on UH after having farmed for countless hours to get him to appear, you are done and can never have another chance?

If one dies fighting UH then immediately reenter the game with that character and the instance with UH should still be active.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Whoah, wait a minute.

If one dies fighting UH then immediately reenter the game with that character and the instance with UH should still be active.

True. I've died many times during the UH battle and I just immediately log back in, run up the beach, and resume the fight. Before I knew to face tank UH to keep him from leap slamming I had a duelist that ended up getting killed 27 times due to the frequent UH leap slamming and at least 101 awakened zombie minions mobbing the poor exile.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I feel the same way about her on-kill quotes. I too wince (internally) every time. Though I love the idea of a talking weapon, they will almost certainly keep me from continuing to play with the sword once she completes the campaign and hits maps. But I want to experience at least one playthrough of the game with her.

You can just turn off on-hit VA in the options while you play with her. I accidentally did it, so I thought you all were just hallucinating about "EVERTHING bUUURRRNNNSSS!"
So ... this thing still has the abysmal drop rate I assume?
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
Unquietheart wrote:

Bottom line: don't bother farming for it, just buy it.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
"
Unquietheart wrote:

Yeah... kinda doesn't work if you're an SSF player.

And that's really the only mode that interests me.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
Unquietheart wrote:
"
"
Unquietheart wrote:

Yeah... kinda doesn't work if you're an SSF player.

And that's really the only mode that interests me.

Enjoy...
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Whoah, wait a minute.

True. I've died many times during the UH battle and I just immediately log back in, run up the beach, and resume the fight. Before I knew to face tank UH to keep him from leap slamming I had a duelist that ended up getting killed 27 times due to the frequent UH leap slamming and at least 101 awakened zombie minions mobbing the poor exile.

You're an expert at beating the sand. I've only killed uber Hillock twice, once as Ranger and once as Scion. I like the Ranger fire arrow over spectral throw but the Scion movement speed is probably overall better for the task. They were both beefy enough that there wasn't more than one or two UH leap slams before he was done though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info