The Design and Development of the 3.1.0 Gems

Here's how I imagined the development manifesto of 3.1: "If it's not a summoner, gut the power by at least 30%; develop some new cool summoner skills."
this new skills are very sad in my opinion, corpse skills are clunky , need corpses and feel so slow only thinking awbout it. I didn't even want to try one of your new corpse bullshit.
All the other supports like volley are crap , basically another kind of lesser multi + fork that is crappier in every old build i tried.
The new caster gems are ... well useless cause any caster can't survive your stupid bosses on your crappy map mod system flawed as fuck with his oneshotting strategy. I havn't played a caster in the last 4 years... stupid game , gona uninstall it soon enough.
The Failed Prototype

We had also prototyped a skill codenamed "Infernal Sweep" which was a fiery area of effect sweep attack that exploded nearby corpses. Early testing showed it felt bad to use, having to swing twice to first kill some enemies then again to detonate their bodies for larger area damage. The skill was visually spectacular, but didn't play well unless it was boosted in both starting area and damage to the point where it both invalidated the roles of Sweep and Infernal Blow.

But but... MultiStrike Support!! T_T Make it a higher level gem at initial level.
And the salt flows unimpeded from players who're eternally pissed off that Path of Exile isn't Dark Souls.

Look, guys. If you want this slow-paced, super brutal combat where every hit matters; where single-target melee attacks are literally the only thing anyone ever uses and options for ranged attacks/abilities/weapons are all basically pointless; where the game emphasis is strongly on PvP and fighting singleton enemies or small groups of lethal foes?

They make your game already. It's. Called. Dark. Souls. Go play it. Stop comparing hundred-exalt ruthlessly optimized kinetic blasters played by no-life streamers to your average fifty-chaos Heavy Strike Barbarian in bargain basement, half self-found gear and saying "MELEE IS HORRIBLE!" Stop bitching about One-Shotty bosses when I have physically observed my brother playing a regular ordinary Cleave build that can stand in front of Uber Izaro, Uber Atziri, any Guardian you care to name, and just about anything up to the Shaper - and even HIM, until the ground DoTs stack up too high - and not really care about the damage any of these things are dealing.

The answers to your problems are out there. Y'all are just irritated that builds other than 'Dark Souls Guy' are allowed to exist.

Go play the already-existing game you actually want to play. Leave Path of Exile to people who like Path of Exile.
Everything is good, but after few last updates i've got a very big problem to log in. I'm trying since yesterday and what only I can see: "an unexpected disconnection occured". Why? How it can be fix? The same situations took place few times ago...
http://www.pathofexile.com/war

It still says 10 gems. Where is it? If you have time to write out a long explanation about what we already know, why not spend that valuable time on our last gem?
just want to say thanks because volatile dead+cremation is a joy to play
I dont see any any key!
thanks for the great work, ggg!

as to this or that skill needs corpses, why not use desecrate to create them?
i do if i need to summon specter and none are available.
New skills ?! I am soo hyped guys !

O wait ! This is the game where your build and all efforts going directly into the void in each "update".
Nah. Thanks. I'll pass this money trash bin.
Thank you all. Truly dedicated to the game and the game players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info