6-socket Orb of Fusing Community Log (done)

No fusings were used on any other item while I was trying to fuse my LC.

1330 Fusings used total.
That created:
13 5-links
2 0-links
1 final glorious 6-link

http://youtu.be/Sovw_3hm_J4
Last edited by Zoxjib on Aug 9, 2015, 12:05:16 PM
"
It's painfully obvious from all of the posts in recent months talking about how many fuses it took people to get 6Ls that the community has no idea what it's doing or how math works (Scrotie seems to, though).

You need to be prepared to record complete data far in advance of posting it. While it's true that we can back-solve an estimate of probability from what people are doing, it's a far worse estimate than what Scrotie's initial post was talking about.

Like, you've saved 3000 fusings. You reeeeally want that 6L. You want to present data about the use of these 3000 fusings. What you absolutely _do not do under any circumstances_ is say "welp, I'll just post the number it took me to get that 6L once". Never do that. That is unreliable data.

If you use all 3000 and got no 6Ls, first off, _you have to post that data if you resolved to collect it in the first place_. If you cannot be trusted to do that, then you have no place in data collection for anyone, anywhere, ever, because your "positive" data will only ever skew the samples.

If you get the 6L you want before using all 3000, find something else worth 6L'ing and use the rest of them. Keep doing this until you run out of all 3000. This is the only way to collect good data. Idiots posting just the amount that it took _them_ to successfully 6-link _once_ is warped positive data that only destroys any kind of hope for a statistical model.

correct. but there won't be anyu statistical model. that ship has sailed. over 2 years ago now. it's all in the first post of this thread.

so 2 years later and people keep posting their items. the data cannot be used for anything but it can be fun to see who is lucky and who is not i guess :)
1213 Fusing (around 200 them 2q)
5L:13
0L:1
6L:1

I tought I will win on it, at least I dont louse if I can sell.
Fuses was 18-19ex, Jewellers around 1,2 ex, nervousness was priceless after 1000 trys :D

I've got 3 vis 6l by around 700fusing
How lucky I'm

I have used 280 Fusing orbs and I got:

5L : 2
6L : 1

My armor was 5 linked when i bought it if that matters.
it has been discovered that the average number of fusings needed for a 6l is exacly 1000. i can't find the thread on reddit. it had a sample size of 100 000. if anyone has saved the link to that post it here for posterity.
i believe this old thread from 2013 has run it's course now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info