Video Highlights from the Turmoil Event!

So, that was... a bunch of oneshots and 2 RNG? These were all the highlights this league? Seriously? Well, OK. Let's look at these oneshots then. Nothing happens, then BOOM - char with large enough HP pool is dead in an instant -- in each and every reel. How good is this game design? How do you suppose players build around that or gameplay around that? In most cases, they don't.
It's like the same debate with ingame Auction House. If it "breaks the game" and "makes players play AH instead of the game", this does not mean AH is bad, this means your game is broken.

Sadly, I don't see an understanding of this simple fact in GGG.
"
Kastmar wrote:
In second video. Beautifully you can see how bad game is. 6k HP one hit dead, he even didn't know what happened.

game isn't bad, the player is. Area contains many totems. the boss got DDd and destroyed him. DD does a % of hp of what is exploded so ya, it does a lot of damage because bosses have a lot of hp especially in 3.0.

he should have cleared the map. working as intended
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:
In second video. Beautifully you can see how bad game is. 6k HP one hit dead, he even didn't know what happened.

game isn't bad, the player is. Area contains many totems. the boss got DDd and destroyed him. DD does a % of hp of what is exploded so ya, it does a lot of damage because bosses have a lot of hp especially in 3.0.

I don't think that 6k HP one shot is normal. Not in my world.
Hire GamerForLife :)
path of one shots. very exciting clips to see people instantly dying with no chance at reacting to the game.

inb4 played to greedy get gud when you die halfway across the screen to an ice nova or a de-sync leap/detonate dead or get 1-shot by a rare monster in a7 with 4.8k hp. OK.

This is why I quit hardcore, you have 99% of the game barely hurting you then suddenly out of the blue you instantly die. That's just bad and in no way challenging or fun.

It also really says a lot when the highlights you're showing from turmoil are these BS one-shots, which I guess GGG really like and enjoy having in the game so I don't see any of this changing anytime in the future. This means vaal pact will remain a keystone for all of the builds which don't have enough defensive mitigation and all of the high defense builds will continue to clear slower and be less tanky than VP builds. OK.
Last edited by ironstove on Nov 16, 2017, 5:31:09 AM
"
Kastmar wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
"
Kastmar wrote:

I don't think that 6k HP one shot is normal. Not in my world.

This would have been a 15k one shot as well!
The real problem is, that players are clearing too fast these days. Especially when playing HC you should read Mods and know which Totem does what. There is no time to do that when pushing because you wanna be first on the ladder, so the game gets them.

This is a very important point in Racing! Else the player spending the most time would win every time.
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
what's up with added chaos ? i didn't see anything special, i got it in the first day.
"
bayuperdana wrote:
what's up with added chaos ? i didn't see anything special, i got it in the first day.

i was saying 2 second before that he didn't have it.
Those were entertaining to watch..gj everyone!
"
Beefeata wrote:
"
bayuperdana wrote:

i was saying 2 second before that he didn't have it.

ah i see i got it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info