Eldritch Battery vs Chaos Inoculation vs Pain Attunement

What if you need tons of mana not because your spells costs are high, but because u cast so fast that it eats your mana alot.

A build with nicreased radius and cast speed(using both support too) wouldnt need crits, spell power nor energy shield, it would kill everything LONG before you even see it. Prolly that would be extremely OP.

Something like this maybe: http://poezone.ru/skilltree/#pI

But I would say if there is such an OP build as the devs said, that would be another reason to change eldrich battery, cause after such a build is out( and it will be someday, after release prolly) you will have just those players, and will have to nerf things again, and its all work...
Arent there skills that reserve chunks of your mana? Perhaps these are the build uses heaps of these, as well as high-cost spells
Just wanted to point out that Eldritch Battery appears to apply after % bonuses to energy shield, and before % bonuses to max mana, allowing energy shield to mana conversion to benefit from both bonus types. This thread actually inspired me to try and break Eldritch Battery, and already I've got a 39% bonus to max mana, which would mean 1500 energy shield would convert to 2085 additional mana. (I'm using numbers given elsewhere in thread, since I'm no where near that myself.)

My biggest concern, is whether it's possible to get enough mana to outdo a life stacking marauder blood-mage. (which could use all life flasks) Currently my blood-mage is doing much better than my mana-mage. Lower regen is easily made up for by much greater survivability.

Edit: I've since discovered that energy shield bonuses and max mana bonuses are additively combined, not multiplicatively combined, so the resulting mana would not be as high as I'd guessed earlier.
Last edited by Kldran on Apr 18, 2012, 9:49:10 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
While there have been several well reasoned posts about the weakness of Eldritch Battery, there is one thing that prevents us from making it better.

By far the most abusive, overpowered character we have ever seen used Eldritch Battery (and no other keystone would have worked for what the build needed).

The person with that character (actually they built it twice, in different release versions), never shared their secret, and its not that easy a build to get right.

A.K.A. ME. IRONMAN!
Because life is short, you shall make rains of all sort - Amarena, the Iron Man
-
My IRON MAN witch build video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJOUcu0ioL4
-
Do you want your witch wearing PANTS? check
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/19769
Ummm, but why are you all talking about spell casters with Eldritch Battery?

This keystone is obviously MUCH better on melee and bow users.

I think the best class that can benefit from it is a Templar.

My next build is going to have:

Of course on a Templar with Inner Force and Eldritch Battery. There is no way this build will not work. Even with -50% max mana I will be able to sustain 7 auras - already checked it in closed beta.

So far, i've take EB on most of my chars. Having 7-8 auras, especially with Inner Force can add up to 3k dps, 70% armor and 1500 evasion. You never have to worry about mana. In closed beta I even made a duelist with this build and it worked perfectly fine, well except that he didn't have inner force. But still Iron Reflexes + Determination + Grace was the best survi combo ever. So I really have to disagree that this keystone can have any negative effect on survavibility.
"
Pivu wrote:
Ummm, but why are you all talking about spell casters with Eldritch Battery?

This keystone is obviously MUCH better on melee and bow users.

I think the best class that can benefit from it is a Templar.

My next build is going to have:

Of course on a Templar with Inner Force and Eldritch Battery. There is no way this build will not work. Even with -50% max mana I will be able to sustain 7 auras - already checked it in closed beta.

So far, i've take EB on most of my chars. Having 7-8 auras, especially with Inner Force can add up to 3k dps, 70% armor and 1500 evasion. You never have to worry about mana. In closed beta I even made a duelist with this build and it worked perfectly fine, well except that he didn't have inner force. But still Iron Reflexes + Determination + Grace was the best survi combo ever. So I really have to disagree that this keystone can have any negative effect on survavibility.

It's a thread from almost a year ago that was necroed, stuff wasn't quite the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info