New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

"
Draklyss wrote:
"
CBEToffOP wrote:
Hey!
I want to ask you, how exactly Damage effectiveness works???

Will this work:
Firestorm + Added Chaos damage with The Consuming Dark???
For Poison build!

I mean Damage effectiveness works like LESS modifier for Added Chaos damage?
And INITIAL BASE DAMAGE from which Poison be calculated will be full 100% of Added Chaos damage GEM before Damage effectiveness takes effect???

Basically, "Damage Effectiveness" is a multiplier for any base (flat) damage added to a skill (usually a spell). This is applied before any other increases, decreases and 'more' and 'less' multipliers are applied to the skill's damage. For example, if you add 50 flat damage to a spell with 100 base damage and 50% damage effectiveness, then increased by a '100% Increased Spell Damage' mod, you'll get:

(100 + (50 * 0.5))*(1 + 1) = 125 base damage * 2 = 250 outbound damage.

Note that damage effectiveness ignores what kind of damage is being added (phys, ele, chaos), and any flat damage added to a skill inherits all of the skill's properties (spell, aoe, projectile, etc).

---

I'm curious as to what Decay is. What properties does it have; is it an ailment, does it inherit properties from the skills that apply it (AoE, projectile, etc), and does it benefit in any way from support modifiers to skills that apply it? What can the Decay damage itself be supported by?

Isn't is the BEST! Because for Poison build we don't care HOW many LESS/Decrease multipliers there are for HITS!
For Poison in 3.0 only matters INITIAL BASE DAMAGE of HIT before multipliers!

Firestorm: 162 - 243.
Added Chaos damage: 170 to 256.
Anger: 69 - 110.

Fire damage: 231 - 353 => (69 - 106 Chaos after conversion).
Total Chaos damage from which Poison be calculated: 239 - 362!!!
Can get second The Consuming Dark to get additional (69 - 106 Chaos)!
It is high numbers for 1 hit of Firestorm, and there are 20 of them from 1 cast.

And Poison inherits AOE tag!
I'm interested to see how these new gems will allow even more complex builds while adding another layer of dynamism to the gameplay.
"
I'm interested to see how these new gems will allow even more complex builds while adding another layer of dynamism to the gameplay.

More complex?
1) No CI build with Ghost River, (i mean melee, but i think ranged as well)!
2) No more additional damage from Bleed/Poison with hits as main, you will have to choose 1 or another!
This means if you choose Bleed/Poison you have use Hit and Run tactic, because your hit damage will be too low to leech back damage if you want to tank mobs.

But seeing how chaotic maps with many additional mobs on streaming are no one will take Bleed/Poison build because:
1) To long for clearing maps.
2) To boring.
3) Need good control, because it even worse than ED!

I hope to see some examples of CI + Ghost River and Bleed/Poison build on BETA before the league start!

But in my opinion this changes in 3.0 only lowers build possibilities!
1) What use of Ghost River now? None!
It doesn't matter if you INSTANTLY leech's HP or ES! What mattered is HIGH ES pool!
Was it nerfed? YES, lower base ES on high Tier layers, and no more MORE ES node.

2) Bleed/Poison were "double dipping", was it hard to remove double?
NO, if developers made it like conversion damage when it was based on BASE damage (what they did), but unlike conversion damage they didn't inherit any tags!
How it is now:
Hit damage 1000 physical damage.
Increase physical damage 100%.
So: 1000 * (1 + 1.00) = 2000 final hit damage.
Bleed: 2000 * (0.1) * (1 + 1.00) = 400!

This what was "double dipping", and it only worked on Increase nodes without restrictions like Increase in physical damage with one handed weapons, they would be counted in calculations ONCE!

And now some ascendancy nodes become useless because you can't make decent build with good Hit damage and additional damage like Bleed/Poison at same time!

To developers:

You criticized that INSTANT ES LEECH is too OP!
But if i had HIGH HP pool with Vaal Pact? It would be same problem, if i don't die from ONE hit i will restore all pool instantly, no matter is it ES/HP pool!

But problem not in INSTANT LEECH but in too big differences in HP/ES POOL's!
You nerfed BASE ES from Items/Discipline and MORE node in tree!
So ES pool become closer to HP, (maybe it should be nerfed even more or less), BUT WHAT STUPID REASON TO CUT BUILD VARIETY BY REMOVING Vaal Pact FOR ES???

OR MAYBE JUST REMOVE Vaal Pact at ALL?!

If i had a vote i would suggest:
1) Leave Vaal Pact as it is now.
2) Ghost River instead of 50% lower ES recharge rate DISABLE RECHARGE AT ALL. So players would choose ES Leech OR ES Recharge (just like Shavronne's Revelation Moonstone Ring, one or another, but not both)!

Or you think someone with ES build will use Ghost River in 3.0 without Vaal Pact effect for ES?!
ONLY Scion with Slayer Ascendancy node could use IT if: leeching wouldn't be STOPed at FULL LIFE AND ES!
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Jun 19, 2017, 4:00:02 AM
@GGG: How about Bleed for physical spells such as EK? Chance to Bleed is attacks exclusive. I think EK isn't overused skill so maybe some love for physical spell bleed interaction? It should works great with Brutality and knocking back bleeding target via Proj Weakness.

Similar thing happens with Maim Support. However there is a mechanics, tooltip or wording bug involved.

Maim Support says:
Supported skills deal % more phys.
Supported attacks have % chance to maim on hit.

Linking Maim with EK doesn't increase tooltip dps but in current state EK shouldn't maim target, cuz isn't attack but more phys should apply.

Maybe include some % chance to maim with spells also?
I have a new support gem idea - it would be useful for builds that have some kind of dmg conversion and do for example 50% cold, 50% lightning. The gem would be similar to for example "Cold Penetration Support" but instead of only cold, it would be for all dmg types, but with reduced value. It could be named "Elemental Penetration Support". I know there is a curse "Elemental Weakness" that does just that, but support gem would be great also.
"
Hendo104 wrote:
Balance life builds on the right side of the tree and I'll care about this shit. I'm 4k+ hours in and this is your last chance GGG. Make life builds balanced or f off.

You keep releasing new material without balancing your game first. Enough is enough. Fix your shit or close it down.

I'm tired of seeing all your so called progress while we see nothing done to fix the imbalance you have created and done nothing about for 2 years.

Get your shit together, cause you will not see a dime until you do.

so... bye bye no one will miss player like u
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
nimbus1983 wrote:
When are you guys gona send me an invite to the beta? I wanna play it.

actually u can play beta now

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gonna be interesting ;)
Hope to play 3.0 soon
sweet
Maybe double the number of sockets in all items? Just to stick all those useless support gems at once.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info