All Back Attachments and Wings Discounted This Weekend Only!

Nice!
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
potfrr wrote:
I won't buy a single mtx until you fix it on beta. Really. It's so an epic fail. I can't believe it.

It's not, actually. If you think about it, it's quite logical.

The beta is a completely separate realm. Therefor, all of the MXTs you have on the "real" realm are also no there, just like everything else isn't. As it also can't communicate with anything on the real realm, it also can't draw from the MXT database.

Of course, they could make such a connection possible, but it would require making sure nothing from the beta could "contaminate" the database.

It's not always as straight forward as you may think it is. I may not have even scratched the surface of the real issues they'd be facing. Be patient.

They promised it a month ago. They tried to deploy it NOT with beta, but before. Twice. Both times failed. So I have my opinion based on facts. And the main point - WHY NOT OLD MTX STASH SYSTEM on beta at least. I don't wanna play with base models on me. I have ~1000$ in mtx.
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless
Last edited by potfrr on Jun 9, 2017, 6:20:08 PM
"
potfrr wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
potfrr wrote:
I won't buy a single mtx until you fix it on beta. Really. It's so an epic fail. I can't believe it.

It's not, actually. If you think about it, it's quite logical.

The beta is a completely separate realm. Therefor, all of the MXTs you have on the "real" realm are also no there, just like everything else isn't. As it also can't communicate with anything on the real realm, it also can't draw from the MXT database.

Of course, they could make such a connection possible, but it would require making sure nothing from the beta could "contaminate" the database.

It's not always as straight forward as you may think it is. I may not have even scratched the surface of the real issues they'd be facing. Be patient.

They promised it a month ago. They tried to deploy it NOT with beta, but before. Twice. Both times failed. So I have my opinion based on facts. And the main point - WHY NOT OLD MTX STASH SYSTEM on beta at least. I don't wanna play with base models on me. I have ~1000$ in mtx.

in one of the last podcasts jonathan explained it: currently, mtx are stored as items in the realm's item database.

testing servers like this closed beta (or the last 2.0 one) have their own item databases and so no access to it.

what they wanted to do is moving the mtx into their own database that all realms can access it. it's just that there was a bug that slowed down the conversion process on a player's login which they couldn't fix in time.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 10, 2017, 2:38:40 AM
"
vio wrote:

in one of the last podcasts jonathan explained it: currently, mtx are stored as items in the realm's item database.

testing servers like this closed beta (or the last 2.0 one) have their own item databases and so no access to it.

what they wanted to do is moving the mtx into their own database that all realms can access it. it's just that there was a bug that slowed down the conversion process on a player's login which they couldn't fix in time.

Would be great to put this info in a news post to make everyone see it. I didn't hear anything about those podcasts.
#BringBackOriginalScionPortrait
#BringBackOriginalAscendantPortrait
#BringBackCruelMerciless
Last edited by potfrr on Jun 10, 2017, 8:56:02 AM
But i dont want to reinstall live just to buy wings and go back to beta :( GGG, can i email you to buy something? lol
"
Ggiant85 wrote:
But i dont want to reinstall live just to buy wings and go back to beta :( GGG, can i email you to buy something? lol

You can buy directly from the website.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
This was an awesome sale and I purchased my first wings ever, which looks great on my character.

Thank you, GGG!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info