Lightning Strike

i have a question, +% melee weapon damage nodes and one handed melee weapon damage nodes.. do they increase the projectile damage at all? since it's based on weapon damage..?
The projectiles are not Melee damage. Increasing your Melee Damage does not work.
Increased Damage with (for example) Swords will work.
Increased Damage with Melee Weapons should work (it's damage with a Melee Weapon, even though it's not Melee Damage).
What passive nodes more effective for Lighting strike:

a) % damage with 1h melee weapons (or maces)

b) many int and mana nodes to take high lvl Wrath aura (and maybe other damaging auras)

What will give more dps for initial hit and projectiles?

I mean - if auras give full bonus to LS, maybe its better to take low-dmg dagger, but with insane attack speed, and to spam LS as ranged attack, and projectiles will get good damage from auras?
You have forgotten your place, Karui slaaave!
Last edited by BlackCorsair on Feb 8, 2013, 5:24:01 AM
"
Jeremyz0r wrote:
Obstructed by every object, incapable of going over fences/through gates that are littered every where (prison/temple levels), wide arc makes the ability redundant in narrow hallways (half the game) unless you're standing in a group of mobs. Isn't very functional until you've propped it up with several (mana intensive) gems and traits.

Please consider making the ability ride over/around objects or ricochet like spark.

Vouch this. The lightning projectiles should be able to go over obstructions, similar to most other projectiles in the game.
Perhaps you would also like to make instant hits with auto-aim over voice command or brain commands too, without having to click the mouse.
i would love to see the projectiles go through some stuff, but my top complain right now its about the spread

with the basic skill, the 3 projectiles just have a HUGE spread, making the skill quite useless in a lot of maps that you need go to through tight corridors, or even some places like lunaris temple that you have just some inches to move, and you are left with a single target melee skill
IGN -> daropo
"
daropo123 wrote:
i would love to see the projectiles go through some stuff, but my top complain right now its about the spread

with the basic skill, the 3 projectiles just have a HUGE spread, making the skill quite useless in a lot of maps that you need go to through tight corridors, or even some places like lunaris temple that you have just some inches to move, and you are left with a single target melee skill

I'm finding it combines well with Whirling Blades. WB works well in narrow corridors, and elsewhere, you can WB around in order to get in a good position to use LS (e.g. standing in the corner of a square room is pretty strong).
This is my favourite skill
Currently I run LS>Elemetnal damage>blood magic>faster attacks>lmp
Do you think I could do anything with this build to maximize dps?
Maybe replace lmp with chain or faster attacks with X?
blood magic is 100% needed
Is LMP agreed upon to be better than GMP> (Or is the -50% damage too much, even with a leveled GMP to offset some of it?) Or is the spread pretty much the same?

And how much GCP would I need to get a good quality lightning strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info