All Weapon Effects Discounted by 40% - Get a Free Stormcaller Mystery Box When you spend Points!

Thanks for this shop-offer!
I bought the ice-weapon effect, very nice looking!
Also got a box with discipline aura in it, really nice :-)
Looking forward to more shopping opportunities
yesterday i buyed a box and got a extra box for free, can i do this today again or how works that kind of deal?
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
"
kobrakhan wrote:
yesterday i buyed a box and got a extra box for free, can i do this today again or how works that kind of deal?

Hiya,

As Bex said:
"
It's only possible to get one free Stormcaller Mystery Box from this promotion. Additional purchases will not grant additional mystery boxes. Purchasing a supporter pack will not a grant a free mystery box but spending points from a supporter pack will grant a free mystery box.

"
webas wrote:
16€ for weapon effect? Naaahhh I'll pass!

It would be conceivable if we can preview each effect in game but to decide such purchase from 10sec trailer..

This. SO much this.

Why are digital items so expensive? I really cannot understand why ANY of those items would be more than 99c or perhaps 1.99 for specials.

I don't understand this business model at all.
Super neato, just checked and I only have a rando 3 points on my account and no moneys to throw at you. :(
"
Kettah wrote:
Why are digital items so expensive? I really cannot understand why ANY of those items would be more than 99c or perhaps 1.99 for specials.

I don't understand this business model at all.

Because you're not buying a weapon effect. You're getting a token of appreciation for choosing to support a game which was released three and a half years ago and is continuously receiving content updates and performance fixes all of which are entirely for free.

The kind of prices you suggest make sense in a game which is either otherwise monetized and the in-game store is supplementary income, or a game which was created on the cheap, released and never touched again. GGG is a company of almost 100 people who only work on Path of Exile and continuously creates more content, supported exclusively by the in-game store.

tl;dr: Selling things for €1-2 isn't enough to pay ~100 people and create two expansion packs a year. MTX aren't stuff you buy, they're bragging rights for those who supported the game.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Feb 4, 2017, 1:31:53 PM
Awesome buy event! Bought some stuff I wanted and got the belt effect <3
Thanks GGG for keeping the awesome in-game store always with great news!
weee finally got Vampiric effect and Storm Caller armor from box - just what I needed :)
GGG thats really nice and awesome, we need more like this discount :D hehe

Thanks GGG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
spent my points into arcane weapon effect, got arcane weapon effect on free mystery box. at least i can do a dual wielder arcane with them now...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info