[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hi all once again, finally got my helm enchant so happy with that along with +1 curse on ammy, took me 9 tries so was lucky i think.
Anyway i have a heap of currency so if anyone has any idea how i can improve this build then it would be appreciated.
I suppose maybe rings?
Thanks and thanks again to Mika for this outstanding build.
Hey Mika,

How's it going? Looking forward to the new league or think you might just stick with Standard?

I'm probably running some sort of flame golemancer next league providing no major changes or nerfs. Not that I really expect any although EE getting changed might be an issue depending how (or if) it is changed.

Kinda excited to see if minions / golems will get any beneficial implicits. +1 Golem always the dream but even generic minion movement speed could be good.

I eventually hit lvl 96 on my flame golemnacer this league which is two higher then my best ever of 94. Didn't do any of the pure breachstone runs - just my normal yellow map spam but being effectively un-killable was pretty nice!

Anyway, hope you are well :)
Hey Mika

I am running Flame Golemancer Elementalist on standard for 2 leagues now,playing league sometimes aswell in the meantime.I wanted to tell you that your build looks interesting but,I think extra curse on chayula and +1 on sotl is way too expensive xD.I think my build offers more dmg,survivability and faster cleaning.I did shaper,deathless uber elder many times so far.I would like to hear your opinion on my build.I dont use any spectres just 5+1+1 , 2,2k hp and 6.8k es with chaos res capped.22% evasion with no flasks active and 50% phys reduction with rumi's and basalt flasks.6% to block and dodge spells and 15% to block attack dmg and thats without quartz flask.Magma balls deal 280k in POB and with 10 primordial harmonys they are constantly melting everything even if your running with quicksilver with increased movement on it.You can check my profile character is exalaxy.I am on holidays now dont have enough time, but thinking of making my own guide on this build since its my first char in POE and I love it the most.Can you tell me what would be the main differences between using spectres and not using them and using blasphemy and not using them.I got arc with curse on hit and elem.weaknes and flammab.

Thank you
"
Revlyk wrote:
Would it be possible to get a quick reference image for leveling/gearing?

Examples of what Im talking about:
Essence Drain Gems
Essence Drain Items
Ele Bow Leveling

Preferably without unique items. I struggle to remember when I can get certain items or gems so I end up missing a bunch of gems until maps and then have to regear to try and make up for it.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I'm asking because I would like to setup a Path of Leveling guide for this character which means I need to figure out what skills/links I'm using at each stage of the game as they come available (or as I upgrade items/spectres).

Example: Raise Spectre @ lvl 28 and then the links I would use starting out and then each change I would make for each change (LMP -> GMP) etc.

Apply that to every single skill/ability and it's getting a bit overwhelming.

Hello :)

The idea is very good. I studied UI myself and know how much clearer info-graphics can be compared to the wall of text which guides usually are. Problem however is that there is no tool to create such graphics expect manually copy & pasting with some editing software.

Path of Building revolutionized generic guides and is pretty much standard software for any POE player nowadays. Same happened with itemfilters and NeverSink is synonymous with items filters for most. I hope that we get some tool to extract pictures & data with user made rules from poe wiki for easy creation of infographics.

I will run couple tests and see if such graphics are easy to create. However they require using planning & layers for easy updating in the future. Other problem is that guides leveling skills / items are very different from endgame items, so that doubles the amount pf work needed.

Path of Leveling is new tool for me and I tried it quickly. The search for gems didn't work in the editor, which made creating the support gem chains lot of work. Hopefully it will be fixed and improved as I really like the idea.

Path Of Building has possibility to create item & skill-tree groups, but does not give chance to create different skill groups. This makes using Paht of Building for leveling guide only semi-useful.

"
Hi all once again, finally got my helm enchant so happy with that along with +1 curse on ammy, took me 9 tries so was lucky i think.
Anyway i have a heap of currency so if anyone has any idea how i can improve this build then it would be appreciated.
I suppose maybe rings?
Thanks and thanks again to Mika for this outstanding build.

Thanks for support ^^

Wow, you really got some serious gear on you o_0

The helmet Enhancement looks especially sweet. It's about impossible to farm for any helmet you already own.

If you want to go for min-maxing, here are some things to polish :
- "increased area of effect" corrupt in Clayshaper
- "Reflection" enhancement in gloves
- "Regen / movement speed" enhancement in boots
- "You cant be hindered, maimed, silenced & minion damage" corrupts in Harmonies
- If you want a lifetime goal, check guild officer "Nemesis87" chars. He has about 10x mirrors worth Golemancer gear in standard ;)

"
Hey Mika,

How's it going? Looking forward to the new league or think you might just stick with Standard?

I'm probably running some sort of flame golemancer next league providing no major changes or nerfs. Not that I really expect any although EE getting changed might be an issue depending how (or if) it is changed.

Kinda excited to see if minions / golems will get any beneficial implicits. +1 Golem always the dream but even generic minion movement speed could be good.

I eventually hit lvl 96 on my flame golemnacer this league which is two higher then my best ever of 94. Didn't do any of the pure breachstone runs - just my normal yellow map spam but being effectively un-killable was pretty nice!

Anyway, hope you are well :)

Hey :)

Life's going good, hope yours is going also ;)

I have lately pushed below depth 300 in standard delve and have to say it's most fun in Poe for a long time. I'm staying as Necromancer, so the Delve is semi-challenging even with my legacy gear while the drops are good and I like the exploring. Delve also makes Niko's and Zana's dailies meaningful as I can get more Azurite from them to push even deeper. I have to say that GGG did good job with Delve and league has to be pretty amazing to lure me from my 300+ depth delve :P

Golems look very promising for next league also. Even if EE is changed / nerfed, the Combustions -20% fire res debuff, TV Specs -24% fire res debuff, Animate Guardians -8% fire res debuff with Elemental Weakness curse are enough to kill endgame bosses even without using any skill expect Phase Run. I have been working on build with EE nerf in mind for long time now.

I would love to see +1 Golem lines, but Primordial Chains kinda lowered my hopes on that one. 10X Golems are already a lot and I think GGG is happy with that limit for now.

Gz on reaching lvl 96! \o/

Rest of the grind to lvl 100 becomes a lot of work after that one. However if you get tired in league, it's fun to grind extra level in parties in standard with old chars.

Hopefully we get great league and I will see you there ;)

"
Hey Mika

I am running Flame Golemancer Elementalist on standard for 2 leagues now,playing league sometimes aswell in the meantime.I wanted to tell you that your build looks interesting but,I think extra curse on chayula and +1 on sotl is way too expensive xD.I think my build offers more dmg,survivability and faster cleaning.I did shaper,deathless uber elder many times so far.I would like to hear your opinion on my build.I dont use any spectres just 5+1+1 , 2,2k hp and 6.8k es with chaos res capped.22% evasion with no flasks active and 50% phys reduction with rumi's and basalt flasks.6% to block and dodge spells and 15% to block attack dmg and thats without quartz flask.Magma balls deal 280k in POB and with 10 primordial harmonys they are constantly melting everything even if your running with quicksilver with increased movement on it.You can check my profile character is exalaxy.I am on holidays now dont have enough time, but thinking of making my own guide on this build since its my first char in POE and I love it the most.Can you tell me what would be the main differences between using spectres and not using them and using blasphemy and not using them.I got arc with curse on hit and elem.weaknes and flammab.

Thank you

Hello :)

Great to hear that you found the Golems! They provide very safe and relaxing play-style.

Yep, the +1 curse and +1 Sotl are only for min-maxing, but I'm always surprised by how many players reach them and most lot faster than me.

Your build looks very solid, but it has some air in the numbers :
- Vaal Haste is about 1x time buff in boss fights
- Curses that rely on hit are hard to keep up all the time
- Bosses have 80% curse reduction so damage against Shaper is about 50% compared to white trash mob
- Golems have bad AI and go to melee range once they spend Magma Orb charges and start spamming weaker spells. "Immolate" has 80k DPS vs 250k of Magma Orb
- If Elemental Equilibrium is changed / nerfed, Flame Golems lose 50% of their damage against Shaper tier boss
- Defenses from the flask are temporary. -75% Temp Chains in Blasphemy keeps all boss minions at bay automatically for whole fight.

Most reason to use TV specs with Golems is to compensate for Golems weak AI in boss fights and to prepare for EE nerf if it ever comes. Flame Golems apply -20% fire res debuff (Combustion) to enemy boosting TV Specs damage, TV Specs apply -24% fire res debuff to enemy boosting Golems damage, Animate Guardian applies -8% fire res debuff to enemy boosting Golems and TVs damage. This ends with over -50% fire res debuff to Shaper tier enemy even before applying EE or weakened EW to boss and all automatically without pressing any keys.

Elemental Weakness and Temporal Chains scale well with extra quality from Enhance, but Flammability doesn't.

Temporal Chains is also ridiculously strong in almost all environments and can cover over 1/2 of the screen. Winter Orbs + Bone Offering applies both offense and defense at the same time and wont run out of charges like flasks do.

Synergies and quality of life stuff is what really makes great builds shine. I would recommend focusing heavily on some part that will make your build different form others. There are lots of interactions like Winter Orb + Spirit Offering constantly refilling your ES, or stacking passive ES regen to thousands per sec with Zealots Oath that my build does not use actively, but guide users have found and posted.

I wish you best of luck and hopefully will see your guide one day ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 4, 2019, 9:53:26 AM
"
- If you want a lifetime goal, check guild officer "Nemesis87" chars. He has about 10x mirrors worth Golemancer gear in standard ;)

Jesus, that is amazing. The gems are nearly all level 21 and 23%, so nice.

Edit: Just read this "We've made a few other changes to various spells, like lowering the cooldown on Convocation" This is super cool.
Last edited by sumfight on Mar 4, 2019, 6:25:26 PM
"
Jesus, that is amazing. The gems are nearly all level 21 and 23%, so nice.

Edit: Just read this "We've made a few other changes to various spells, like lowering the cooldown on Convocation" This is super cool.

Hi :)

Yep, he has the best gear out of all Golemancers!

The development manifesto looks good.

Convocation cooldown reduction is vary nice QOL buff.
Changes to curses seem interesting also. If Elemental Weakness will actually work now with Shaper tier bosses, thats major buff to damage.

Will have to see patch notes when they come out :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
PATCH NOTES

Patch notes are out and here's quick review before going to sleep :

Buffs

"
- Convocation

"Now has a 4 second cooldown (from 8)."

Very nice especially with Necromancer as new cooldown will be 2 seconds. Can be used to manually force teleport minions between packs.

"
- "Bosses which previously had 60% or 80% less effect of curses on them now have 33% or 66% less effect of curses on them respectively. This includes map bosses, Incursion architects, Betrayal targets, Breachlords, Shaper, Elder and others."

Elemental Weakness deals 6.5% more damage to bosses. Not sure how this affects Temporal Chains on bosses but can be buff or unchanged. Temp Chains barely affects bosses now with 80% reduction so probably wont be nerf anyway.

Nerfs

- No direct Nerfs \o/

Possibilities

"
- "Added a new Intelligence/Dexterity Skill Gem - Malevolence: Casts an aura that grants increased skill duration to you and your allies, and causes you and your allies to deal more damage over time."

Could work with Tukohama Vanguards as they deal damage over time?

"
- "Kingmaker now has "nearby allies have +50% critical strike multiplier", "nearby allies have fortify" and 250-285% increased physical damage. Existing versions are not affected."

If this works, Animate Guardian can grant Golems more critical multiplier and Fortify to everybody on the team. This is huge as build has now 0% armor and 20% less damage taken is massive defense upgrade.

"
- Temporal Chains

"Now causes Normal and Magic enemies to have 20% less Action Speed at gem level 1, up to 29% less Action Speed at gem level 20."
"Now causes Rare and Unique enemies to have 10% less Action Speed at gem level 1, up to 14% less Action Speed at gem level 20."

Effect on normal and magic monsters is same as before, bosses were barely affected by Temp Chains earlier but now have less reduction to curses.

"
"Added a new cluster next to Cruel Preparation north of the Witch: Arcane Guarding - The notable grants +6% chance to Block Spell Damage while holding a Shield, 15% increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield, 60% increased Energy Shield from Equipped Shield, and 20% increased Spell Damage if you've Blocked Recently. The other passives in the cluster grant a total of 42% increased Spell Damage while holding a Shield, +4% chance to block Spell Damage while holding a Shield, 40% increased Block Recovery, and 40% increased Energy Shield from Equipped Shield."

This can be buff to default shield using variant of the build. Have to check how much ES good shield adds when Path of Building gets updated
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 5, 2019, 9:40:36 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Nerfs

- No direct Nerfs \o/

Probably but:

"Bone Helmet basetypes have had their increased Minion Damage lowered to 15-20% (from 30-40%). Existing versions will be changed to these values if a Blessed Orb is used."

This will hurt a little bit!
"
Mydgard6 wrote:
"
mika2salo wrote:

Nerfs

- No direct Nerfs \o/

Probably but:

"Bone Helmet basetypes have had their increased Minion Damage lowered to 15-20% (from 30-40%). Existing versions will be changed to these values if a Blessed Orb is used."

This will hurt a little bit!

I didn't use bone helmet before anyway
"
The Sniper and Nullification cluster (near the Shadow) has been replaced. The new cluster contains two notables:

"
Resourcefulness grants 15% increased Evasion Rating, 10% increased maximum Energy Shield, 5% increased maximum Life, 0.5% of Life Regenerated per second. The small passives above and below it grant 12% increased Evasion Rating, +12 to maximum Energy Shield, +12 to maximum Life, and +4% to all Elemental Resistances.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info