How the Atlas of Worlds Launch Went

Friday was tough.
Other than that - game is fun, new map system is nice, and I'm have a lot of fun.
Thank you!
Last edited by Jovret on Sep 6, 2016, 12:46:51 PM
From all of the bug fixes, that sounds pretty darn awful, I wouldn't say the Atlas launch "went smoothly". That's pretty much denying the events that unfolded. This was a buggy, awkward launch, but GGG did a good job fixing the issues in a timely manner.

So, GGG, perhaps you should reword that next time. I would have said the launch had some issues, we apologize, but we were able to address them quickly.

I'm glad I wasn't able to play at launch. I couldn't log in until Monday, but my experience was fine so far aside from some bugs with the MTX shop.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Sep 6, 2016, 1:25:18 PM
IF GGG truely thinks this was a smooth launch except for a couple hours then all hope is lost. If they can not recognize how utterly massive a failure it was then what hope is there that they can recognize anything else wrong with the game?
Quite staggered by the entitlement of some of the posters here, major update of this *free* game went a lot smoother than some of the fiascos I've witnessed with some £60 games that don't even have the network factor and all the complications that go with it. Can appreciate some people bought supporter packs, but patience and understanding are just as much a part of support, and you're still very much getting good value for your money. I'm poor and disabled and very grateful this game exists, a day or two of technical hiccups in what I imagine is a very complicated deployment process really isn't deserving of any amount of anger or bad feeling. Sorry to those who may still have technical issues but I'm sure they'll be sorted as promptly as possible.

Enjoying the game very much and performance is great, and haven't even reached the bulk of the new stuff yet (will probably die before I do :D)

Great game GGG, and getting better with each iteration!
Last edited by scrollo on Sep 6, 2016, 6:58:49 PM
"
Path of Exile: Atlas of Worlds launched two days ago! Other than the server memory issues during the first few hours, the launch went smoothly and our players have been enjoying the Essence Challenge Leagues and Atlas content! We have released two hotfix patches so far (here and here). Today we've just released Patch 2.4.0b which fixes over a dozen more problems such as the Nature's Boon issue and several crashes.

having a full continent (europe) on lockdown for 3h+ delaying the leaguestart to 1am+ is smoothly ?
the moment i locked in i got a yellow msg xxx hit lvl 32 on top of that i had to install a 3rd party vpn to finsh my patch downlaod which tanked for the majority at 92%

really unjustified confidence here

btw forcing the new guy to endure the community wrath is just a weak move
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 7, 2016, 7:49:22 AM
When I finally fixed my crashing problem, I've seen XXX reached 86 lvl ;)
Lab the worst and it is completely impossible for me. I've now tried to run it at least three dozen times and no matter what i try, it eventually freezes with me on a trap. I'm actually getting pretty fed up with this, I have a lvl 50 character, with a half dozen skill points built up. I don't have issues with other maps and i run a necromancer. I've had to do the trials with no minions just to keep it from freezing up every few seconds

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info