Race Event Season One announced!

"
dspair wrote:
Is there a season ladder somewhere? People get points, why not make a ladder?

Yes, it's explained in the original post that it's coming soon!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
Seems like a very large number of races. I really don't know if I like the idea of having 3-4 a day. People are going to get bored playing so much act 1-2.

You can get to act three in the time limit of many of the races.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
dspair wrote:

This announcement mentions a season long ladder. Also, lifetime RP will be tracked and prizes are available(to be announced) for reaching certain thresholds.

I'm super excited as this will add variety to how you can play this game. You can ignore races and continue playing how you are. You can run a race or two a week and get some RP for an alternate unique. You can go race crazy and only do races to accumulate tons of RP to try and get the new Demigods and whatever lifetime prizes that are announced.

My calendar just above my monitor has the February races written on it!!!
"
Chris wrote:
"
dspair wrote:

Yes, it's explained in the original post that it's coming soon!

Oops, sorry.
Season one rewards are kinda lacking to me personally but I'll participate in a few races here and there
IGN~~VellyBelly
i don't like the reward system, i'm not going to grind 100 races just for an evasion shield i probably won't use

the unique artwork isn't an incentive to players like me who really only focus on the gameplay and progression and not the actual "look" and "feel" of items
Just got to say I'm massively excited for this, all sounds insane and can't wait for it to kick off. I can't be the only one who read through the announcement with an embarrassingly nerdish beating heart of excitement haha :)
I am so excited lol.. The thing I am most excited about though is the overall ladder. I am wondering how much competition the top 20 overall for the season will have.

I honestly do not practice for races anymore.. but hopefully there are some people who force me to if I want to do well.

One thing I am worried about with reward points being given out in so many ways is that classes that are more suited to racing/certain reward types will have people earning decent reward points even if they they are not nearly as competitive as others who play classes that don't do as well in races. It is similar to the situation where in closed beta if you didn't win first place as witch then it was a waste to be witch since you could possibly earn less currency as 2nd place than even a 5th place marauder
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Feb 20, 2013, 1:34:28 AM
I'm glad the races are finally returning, I've been waiting!

I really hope an iron man race will be tried out sometime soon (where potions do not refill upon returning to town). I think it would be fun to try to actually 'survive' in wraeclast :P
"
Chris wrote:
"
SpudOfDoom wrote:
Seems like a very large number of races. I really don't know if I like the idea of having 3-4 a day. People are going to get bored playing so much act 1-2.

You can get to act three in the time limit of many of the races.

maybe you should add races that does not start with lvl 1 act 1.

Sth like: Everyone starts in At2 Cruel with lvl 40 and each player gets one tab in his stash Full of random (or maybe all player gets the same) items, not really great items just good enough to not die. After the race the char gets resetted to lvl 1 and get transfered to SC/HC.

So, at the start everyone must first look in his stash how the Item in this Race look this time and how they build will look like with this items, could be very interesting :)
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on Feb 20, 2013, 1:35:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info