Performance Improvements in 2.3.3

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
sorielle wrote:
I have contacted your support team multiple times about these issues and clearly pointed out that the hardware is not actually being fully utilised. I cannot believe you made me go through so much troubleshooting while you knew about the CPU utilisation.

Who does that? Contact support about not using all cores of your CPU? Really? Well, apparently you, lol.

And perhaps the support people were not so well versed in the fact that PoE was single threaded?

Did you not see the recent 2.3.0 update in June about the audio engine being replaced and now sound rendering could use a different thread? How could you be surprised by this announcement unless you didn't follow news a month ago?

No, I did not see the announcement purely because I am sick and tired of useless updates.

Who does that? Individuals who can identify an issue with the engine not utilising the hardware properly.

Support not well versed in the fact that PoE was single threaded? Absolutely outrageous. I am the EMEA IT manager of a top 500 fortune company and let me tell you that would not fly with me...
SLA and ETA on this please....
So for last year you made awesome improvements!
But i don't know why rain and desecrated ground s#it on my PC...
in many cases when i walk to map with this combination of effects "unexpected disconnect" occurs.
PC spec. nothing special Dual Core with 4gb-RAM video: Radeon r7 250 2gb.
"
EdenRage wrote:
i'd hate to throw a spanner in the works but maybe this needs to be thoroughly tested
before roll out? I just updated to new patch it works great.. until the client crashed
and 10% xp gone on my lvl 90 toon, in a daily low quest.. sucks to the max
so any support out there can trace back the logs and give me back this 10%? it took days
to level this just fyi.
Unless you opted in to the new performance optimizations, they can't have caused your crash.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 4, 2016, 8:37:11 AM
Good stuff
if u wanted to rly prove a point u should used CoC discharge ..
Thanks Vincent!!!!
wana unique with his name!!!

Vincent!!!!
Vincent!!!!
I'm running a crappy rig. path of exile gives me excellent frames most of the time
in single player and those frames look magnificent. (some effects lag me a bit)

I cant play reasonably with more than 2 other people... poor me.

poe was already getting a hell of a lot of graphical content done at
what are for me excellent frame rates. (regularly 60+ solo rarely drops below 10
for single player.)

I wish I could get more for free... but I cant run metro. I cant run fallout 3 with
high settings and a good frame.... so many good games I have to run at very low
settings with poor frames anyway. But POE gives me a lot of gameplay and beauty.

best game I have quite simply.

I strongly suspect my ancient quadcore (original intel core architecture) will not
be able to use the new multithreading code efficiently... like it will hang while
piecing the results together and actually perform worse or something. (seen that before)

oh well. wont be long until 400$ quadruples my rigs power hahaha.

living on the cheap, possible to do with poe as long as you play solo :/
"
Jadran wrote:
"
Dr1MaR wrote:
Nothing mentioned about horrible laggy servers? US servers, London, Singapore... Look at Reddit, tons of people are complaining about lags and disconnects, why all of this is being so very well ignored? Please do something, thanks

Dude, seriously?

Do you even understand the difference between the client performance and the network performance?

Let me explain.

Client performance: stuff that the game tells your CPU and GPU to do, to render frames, effects, lots of things happening on the screen. If this is poorly optimized the game will be slow because your client (your PC) is slower than the theoretical simulation ran on the server. This is bad because PoE should not be as resource-intensive. This is what they're trying to describe in this post.

Server performance: how fast server-synchronized information (in case of lockstep = everything (with small caveats)) is synched with your client. This depends on:

1) Your network card.
2) Your CPU.
3) Viruses you might have on your system.
4) Your ISP.
5) Proximity to your closest PoE datacener.
6) Your ISP.
7) Your ISP.

You get my point.

It's biased, sure. But this has been my experience in the last 4+ years of playing PoE:

1. Blame lack of SSD.
2. Blame CPU.
3. Blame GPU.
4. Blame ISP.

In that order. And #1 is the most significant factor BY FAR.
Get your SSD.

All that is negated by my empirical evidence of switching servers and getting dramatically improved experience.
IMHO, the issue is that the servers are not capable of handling peak loads.
15+ years of troubleshooting client networks gives me the experience and tools to provide that opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info