Medallion, Event 38: Cutthroat

Some ideas culled from this:

Do your leveling in bursts places the PK crew don't expect, and carry the minimum gear you really need (which for some builds is just 1-2 items with the right socket colors, nothing else that drops.) Your EQUIPPED flasks, gems and quest items will not drop, so those are freebies. It pisses the PKers off when they get absolutely nothing from killing you - in a way that makes them more likely to leave you alone than pursue. Especially if they know you've got ready replacements the gear you just dropped in stash and more besides because it's trivial to get, there's no point to trying to use your drops as bait for additional kills - doubly so since there was no XP to gain from you.

The best way to do quests in Cutthroat is not to do them. Let someone else do them for you. Follow along in someone else's instance at a respectable distance and you'll never have to face Brutus, Merveil, or anything else yourself - someone else will do the work and you'll get access to more content. All you have to do is keep the right distance. Sometimes you can even get a ganker to accidentally the boss you were working on when he ganked you - as long as you're still in zone when he kills it for any reason, you get credit.

The best place to be is generally where no one who's inclined to come after you expects. Rush waypoints, tag them, and then do actual content BACKWARDS, such as leveling in ledge either from the Climb entry or the WP instead of the Passage entry. The Passage entry marks you as potential fresh fodder for ganking. If you're not rushing the race itself, use the Crypt as a freebie area the gankers mostly ignore since most people mostly ignore it.

All in all, it's pretty easy to make it extremely difficult for a ganker to catch up to you. The SRS/Zombie build is also extremely easy to keep functional regardless of what people steal; traps, mines and any other spells that don't rely on a weapon, just a socket, are other good options. Don't go bow. You don't want to need to refind bows constantly. An elemental witch can make do without wands or other +spell damage gear, an archer needs that bow or the bow gems are useless no matter what else you put them in. Going bow or melee in cutthroat is begging to be crippled by ganking. Also, most gankers are chickenshits: They want as much advantage and as unfair a fight as possible. They usually gank in content they're very overleveled and overgeared for, and they want to find people who are doing it for the first time that league. They often won't enter an instance that already has 2 players, so by following someone else, you greatly reduce the chances someone else will join and gank you - they rarely risk a 2v1.
Last edited by TheLastZica1 on Jul 31, 2016, 1:23:08 AM
Still no points from this last race showing up? Wondering if I'm going to get my points....?
i have not received any points yet either
pay to race confirmed
ProjectPT was right.
Hmm ok, so no one has got points for this race yet? its been closed for a bit now.
Yup no points :(
hey, I did not receive my rewards points on this event, I was lvl 31
Still no points for the Cutthroat race, even though I've gotten points for the race that followed it. What's up, GGG???
"
Still no points for the Cutthroat race, even though I've gotten points for the race that followed it.

Same here
I've opened a thread in Technical Support - you folks also may want to post there...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info