--------------------------
1% increased attack damage per 400 Armour and Evasion
15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun
You have Onslaught while you have Fortify

The battlefield is my home.
Your weakness is my meal
Your death is my only desire.

The battlefield is my home:

As the name and the stats implies the owner of this belt was born into conflict and lived his whole life fighting.

Your weakness is my meal:

15% chance to gain Fortify on Melee Stun You have Onslaught while you have Fortify.

Basically if you can stun your enemy, that means he is weaker than you. That how the stun mechanism work. If you can deal a massive amount of damage at once they become stunned, which means they are overpowered. So, he gets more powerful as he overpowers his enemies.(forty+onslaught).

Your death is my only desire:

It just makes the owner of the belt look more miserable. It shows that his life consist of nothing, but slaying pepole in order to survive. He hopes for nothing, dreams of nothing just a living killing machine. A true battle born.

There is a reason why it is called cord. I tought the art should look like a umbilical cord. It would give more meaning to the name.

Sorry for the bad english. It is not my native language.
Last edited by Motopsycho on Jul 20, 2016, 1:51:01 PM
Until the rest of the mods come in:

Name

Totally OP Champion Belt

Flavour Text

A totally OP Champion belt
Last edited by Jojas on Jul 20, 2016, 11:20:28 AM
"
Kid_Galahad wrote:

We have a winner. Bring this man a cigar!
The flavour text is generally self-explanatory, but I would like to point out the very last line talks about the usefulness of the belt's mods, among other things and qualities of good use.

"You must take all with..." (a couple examples being knowledge and power, or Armour and Evasion instead of one over the other. Whatever 'it' is, or even 'who' it is, take it and/or them to aid you)

"...to give all for..." (that is, whatever it is you are fighting for/working toward)

"...to bring about your legend." (the first quoted prerequisite must be met for this to happen)

When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 23, 2016, 10:52:44 AM
This technically isn't my own writing, but I believe I've seen similar things in other item flavor text before in PoE. It's a saying...

Name:

Kaom's Guilt (I really like the story of Kaom)

or

Kaom's Promise

The 3D art can have Lioneye's decapitated head hanging off of it since Kaom did that, can have a head in the 2D artwork as well, would be so brutal! (hopefully the 3D head sways around when you run!).

Flavor Text:

"What didn't kill me...
Made me stronger"

or

"What doesn't kill me...
Makes me stronger"

or

"What doesn't kill us...
Makes us stronger"

(The last one is more from a Karui perspective as a whole)

It's very simple, doesn't touch on lore or anything, but it goes perfectly with the most unique mod the belt has, "Onslaught while Fortified".

Fortify = What doesn't kill me
Onslaught = Makes me stronger

Getting more attack damage the more mitigation you have, being stronger the less things can kill you, also works with this saying.

Get it?

Maybe there's a way to work something else into it to make it more original and maybe include a lore character as well, like add another sentence to the end of it (Karui and/or Kaom related).

"What doesn't kill us...
Makes us stronger.
We followed our king to Wraeclast,
Now my people fight no longer"
-Abandoned Karui Elder
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Jul 20, 2016, 4:29:14 PM
How about: The Mobs Rule.

It's a nod to how the belt was created and Black Sabbath so its doubly awesome.

Text plagiarism:

It's over, it's done
The end is begun
If you listen to fools...
The Mob Rules
Saved
"
Glowyrm wrote:
This technically isn't my own writing, but I believe I've seen similar things in other item flavor text before in PoE. It's a saying...

"What doesn't kill me...
Makes me stronger"

It's very simple, doesn't touch on lore or anything, but it goes perfectly with the most unique mod the belt has, "Onslaught while Fortified".

Fortify = What doesn't kill me
Onslaught = Makes me stronger

More damage the more mitigation you have, being stronger the less things can kill you, also works with this saying.

Get it?

Maybe there's a way to work something else into it to make it more original and maybe include a lore character as well, like add another sentence to the end of it.

Of course. What is there not to get? "What doesn't kill me makes me stronger" is cliché it gets.

That is why, generally speaking, we are submitting 'creative' falvour texts to say the same thing (almost, but not quite, and sometimes not at all) so as to not be obvious to an abhorring degree.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 20, 2016, 2:19:21 PM
Thought of another:

Original Idea:

Girdle of the Guardian

With Enemies at your front,
Fools at your Flank,
And those Cherished at your back
Its best to keep your trousers about you.

Additional Idea:

Woeful Renegade

One can evade,
One can endure,
Sometimes however;
One must be sure:
To savagely sever,
The head of a Rival,
Whose only priority must be Survival
Oh the woeful Renegade
~The Poet Victario

Edit ( I think it sounds better like this):