Game Mechanics - Questions and Answers

Nice
How many people quit because map drops suck?
Saved
why you dont show tooltip damage of some skills? summon ragging spirit, rightenous fire?
"
Do monsters dying to degen when I'm already several screens away still grant experience no matter what?

If you're actually getting "several screens away" before they die, they probably aren't dying at all, since time stops passing for things outside the player's wake range.

That one made me laugh. xD

Also, I didn't know about that. oO
Thank you so much for posting the Game Mechanics!
any statement/plans/changes towards the wiki? now that curse (the company hosting it) kicked one of the paid maintainers and is agressively enforcing ads on the site?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 28, 2016, 4:35:56 AM
Very nice post Chris, thank you for taking the time!

Also, please buff xp gain, monster hp, and remove Cast on Crit from the game ^_^

Take care
My frog left me.
Builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1813247
Challenge boss kill services : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814668
"
How is the target priority of enemy monsters determined when there is no taunt involved? Like for instance when there are 3 people entering a room with monsters, how do they monsters decide who to attack? Is it fully deterministic or does it use "randomness" to choose target?

Depends on the monster's AI.

thx...
"What kind of cat would I need to use for this build?"
"A 2h cat" -PrincessMolestia
So, this is a bit of a long, multi part question.

To start with, i'm running a good old AoF build on Templar. Damage dealt aside, my Infernal blow skill is linked with a +36% fire res pen, and I am also running two auras, Flammability and Elemental Weakness. While I know the total effects stack, i'm wondering if we can get the base numbers of basic monsters, because I noticed that most if not all non-act bosses receive the tooltip 'vulnerable to (elemental or fire) damage', but act bosses receive neither vulnerable nor neutral, maintaining resists to the damage.

In short, at what points do monsters and bosses change their tooltip from 'resist X' to no tooltip to 'vulnerable to X' damage tooltips underneath their names?

Also, how does the negative resistance work in terms of bonus/extra/more damage? Brief numbers in examples would be very nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info