Path of Exile 2.3.0 Launch and Follow-up Patches

Thank you for working so hard on the updates!
Feels like the system performances should have been patched in as a separate update (and perhaps sooner to allow time to debug). The system issues surely dampened what would have been a much better league experience.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Melee is fine so far. EQ Slayer works pretty fine.

EQ isn't melee...I'd categorize it as physical AOE if anything. Melee would be skills that require name locking and without a proper buff to melee splash or the name locking requirement they won't compete any time soon.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
We believe we've fixed the sound issues now

I know this isn't directly related but the sound maps play when they drop in the world now are much louder and overwrite custom PlayAlertSound (sound set to 25, sound 7, doesn't play at all until the volume is set above 100ish)
Thank you for all the hard work you guys have put in.

However, sad to say, the sound does not seem improved after this patch. What is happening is anytime someone talks (not in town or in a hideout) but during play the music and sound cut out and return again when the dialog stops. This is all the time.
Censored.
Anyone else getting bugs picking up loot where it picks up nearby junk when you pick up one thing?
"
fiYah_82 wrote:
still no fix for lagspikes aber almost half a year? okay bye

Mr. Palm, allow me to introduce Mr. Face.

On a more serious note, absolutely awesome job on the new patch and the new sound system!
As a Soundblaster user, sound has always been a major issue in PoE, having the choice to run with hardware audio and crash after every 10-20 maps due to memory issues, or running software audio and having weird popping sounds on footsteps and certain inventory sounds.

Now it's actually really, really good and directional sound isn't weird anymore either. It used to be that when I hit a mob right "below" me, the audio would be so quiet and muffled that it's like you're hitting sponge through a pillow... or something... yeah, sure that's a fairly accurate description, we'll go with that.

Good job, keep it up!
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
While this may not be a sound issue as far as performance goes, it is an issue in terms of preference and quality.

The warrior portal sound effect no longer makes the 'clank' sound it used to when coming down and now sounds like someone swinging a sword. I am not sure if this was intended or not, but I miss the old sound greatly and was the main reason I used that portal.
Thunderous lightning strikes and my marauders grunts fade to silence. Piety: 'Now you will die!' Me: 'I can't do this yet.' And the sounds continue.
I'm getting loads of lag during load screens, when entering a town or new area it takes way longer to load. Then when I try and move I have stuttering and lag but eventually comes right as long as I don't leave the area.

Running Win7 32bit 4gb ram, using a SSD as well and getting to the logon screen takes 20 seconds or so but is quicker than it used to be.

To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info