Skill Reveal - Frostbolt and Vortex

As long as GGG keeps releasing skills that have synergy with older gems, I forgive them for not balancing old skills with the new powerful ones.

Ice spells are definitely where it's at right now. Can't wait for the release!
Identifying items on the ground: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1562689
Talismans as quest rewards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690768
where are all the epic shock gems at aside from spark and arc and maybe that orb of storms as a support are the only real good ones loads of good ice and fire already give some love to the lightning.
"
GrimoireM wrote:
Damage over Time isn't a hit, so it can't be converted. It also doesn't benefit from leech, penetration, or spell/attack damage mods for the same reason. Unless specifically stated that the DoT can use those things, you need to hit things to gain those benefits, and that's why Essence Drain has pseudo leech and spell damage built in. You can test the conversion issue with Searing Bond, Righteous Fire, and Fire Trap already, and their burning components clearly don't benefit from these things. That said, you probably want to use Elemental Equilibrium with Orb of Storms, Fire Trap, and Vortex Trap. The latter two both scale on damage over time and elemental damage mods, while Orb of Storms can trigger Elemental Overload, EE, and apply Ele Weakness/Vulnerability for you via Curse on Hit. Even self cast Vortex can benefit from this if you don't mind setting up the Orb alongside the combo.

Ah, so there is no hit component to vortex, it's entirely DOT damage. Having another element DOT skill still brings up fun possibilities for EE. Could use Pyre to convert Ice Nova linked with chance to ignite and EE, then hit mobs with Vortex boosted by EE and Shaman's damage increase to burning enemies. Better yet, go occultist and use a nova skill curse on hit to apply Frostbite, Elemental Weakness, and Vulnerability on top of EE.

I am really, really happy about these cool new skills.
Last edited by Bluemillion on May 18, 2016, 10:56:08 PM
So I assume vortex is considered AOE and will be affected by increased AOE nodes?
"
Crooks_23 wrote:
So I assume vortex is considered AOE and will be affected by increased AOE nodes?

Yes - the skill gem itself has been revealed

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663440/page/1

and has the AoE tag.

When Chuck Norris plays PoE masters do his missions
Last edited by AdFinitum on May 22, 2016, 1:45:22 AM
It looks more like fog bubble than frostbolt. Frost is crystalline thing, not flurry puff something.

Concerned that vortex will cause visibility issues during fights... too bulky effects.
so if you cast this from mines, does it still use the frostbolt nearest your cursor, or does the mine attempt to auto-target a frostbolt within its targeting range?
Last edited by Dryhumper on May 27, 2016, 3:37:30 AM
So...
I haven't seen this asked anywhere, but based on the announcement's wording, I understand that while Vortex destroys Frostbolt, Ice Nova simply "erupts" from it, without actually removing the projectile.

Does anyone have information about this ?

[Hype Intensifies]
To learn is to live...
What about two Vortexs?

If they overlap, their damage will summ or not?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
gonna try coc: both frostbolt and vortex and see what comes out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info