Skill Reveal - Ancestral Warchief

GGG nobody is going to use this skill or all the other slightly slow skill sunless you nerf the 1-minute-map cllear builds that got even worse with the ascendancies :(
Hardcore
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
GGG nobody is going to use this skill or all the other slightly slow skill sunless you nerf the 1-minute-map cllear builds that got even worse with the ascendancies :(

So instead of asking for more builds that clear fast you want the fast ones to slow down to the level of this totem in the video?
I don't know....... Don't like the standing next to it part.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:

So instead of asking for more builds that clear fast you want the fast ones to slow down to the level of this totem in the video?

Do you find combat fun/exciting when 1 cast or 1 shot clears multiple screens? I'd enjoy a slower pacing myself.

Standing in doorways in diablo 1 for safety fighting the horde of monsters 1 at a time is in many ways preferable to zooming around at lightning speed, exploding the whole screen + more with 1 button and being completely indifferent to all enemies.

Not that we need either extreme but right now clear speed and travel speed is crazy.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 5, 2016, 11:03:43 PM
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:

Why are you worried about what GG builds people are running? You say *nobody* will use this skill or other *slightly slow* skills; I'm very curious as to what statistics you're looking at. And again, why you're worried about them nerfing skills you aren't using (unless you are playing GG skills, which makes no sense as to why the hell you're using them... unless you just want to bandwagon and hate it while you're doing it?)
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:

Do you find combat fun/exciting when 1 cast or 1 shot clears multiple screens? I'd enjoy a slower pacing myself.

Standing in doorways in diablo 1 for safety fighting the horde of monsters 1 at a time is in many ways preferable to zooming around at lightning speed, exploding the whole screen + more with 1 button and being completely indifferent to all enemies.

Not that we need either extreme but right now clear speed and travel speed is crazy.

If you enjoy slow pace then this totem right here is for you.
You can remove ms from boots too.
What problem do you have with someone else clearing fast?
Why should one invest hundreds of ex in items then?
To clear shipyard in 15 mins?
"
Vhlad wrote:

I do agree with this but up until the broad generalization of clear speed and travel speed; there are plenty of builds that you can play that don't one-shot the entire screen and take more than one button. Not arguing against changes to those aspects to reduce them even more; in fact I'd enjoy the aforementioned 1v1 safety fight side of the spectrum more than the opposing side, but to generalize to such an extent does injustice to some aspects of the game imo
"
PsOfOs wrote:
If you enjoy slow pace then this totem right here is for you.
You can remove ms from boots too.
What problem do you have with someone else clearing fast?
Why should one invest hundreds of ex in items then?
To clear shipyard in 15 mins?

Well yeah if you want to create your own challenge you can wrap your face in duct tape and control your keyboard with boxing gloves on. Seems about as reasonable as using these totem skills in the current game state.

Look man, the game has gotten way too easy (the high rarity items are too strong and the game is a joke once you get them). It's not really about people who like to play fast vs people who like to play slow. I'm competitive so I want to clear as efficiently as possible but right now in good gear playing PoE is like hitting a button to unleash fireworks and seeing "I win" text appear on the screen. It's so trivial it's boring. Top gear like mirror weapons or uniques like skyforth/headhunter should be balanced irrespective of rarity and not have off the charts power because they are rare.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 5, 2016, 11:48:25 PM
we need more new MAIN skill no that trash additional with 0 use in clearspeed maps
IGN : Piechol

Pc specs:
i7 6700k 4,5GHz / 32gb G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz / Asus Maximus VIII Formula / Asus Gtx 1080 TI / Corsair RM1000i / Samsung SSD 500gb 850 Evo / Case Corsair Graphite T780 / Corsair H115i / Windows 10 x64
If this is an attempt to balance melee versus ranged, it's not gonna work unless there's a big slow-down rebalance coming in v2.3.

This game has become 100% about clear speed, whether intentional or not, and these totem dudes are the exact opposite of that. For the most part, it ain't worth using up a few links for something that will only come out against the tankiest of bosses.

If this is an attempt to make the game more interesting and less gear-dependent to new players as they level, carry on. I'm sure these totem dudes will work nicely for such purposes.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
Last edited by Futchya on May 5, 2016, 11:56:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info