Development Manifesto: Performance

"
Rawrasawr wrote:
So who drew the short straw and has to work on performance issues? While we love you for it, it sounds dull...

You are obviously not a programmer :) I once worked as team lead for a performance improvement team on some medical software which required huge amounts of data and calculations. It was the most fun I ever had, and the most satisfying. When you analyse an algorithm and work out shortcuts that save a factor 30 or just re-arrange memory usage to optimize for the processor cache archtitecture which prevents cache-thrashing, you feel really gooooood. And the product became much better for it, without gaining any features.
No, optimizations can be really fun.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
Fladdermasken wrote:
"
TwelveYears wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I was supposed to be first reply but i encountered weather effect and I lagged
Spoiler

Ps: good job on all the rest! It's just sad that you insist so much on imposing something that breaks the immersion, claiming that you keep it for immersion

Not GGGs fault you run a potato. Im sure there are settings you can use.

IM getting framedrops with my PC.. Runt it on max settings at around 250-300fps, but sometimes the fps drops too 45fps for some skill effects, never happend before.

CPU: i7-6700k 4.8ghz, (H110GT water cooling)
RAM: 16gb DDR4 runs at 2666mhz
GPU: MSI 970 4gb
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO Series MZ-75E500B 500GB
Win 10 OEM 64bit
Motherboard asus z170-a

Not GGG's fault you run a potato.
Nasa replaced their supercomputer last month,you could try get the used one and test before complaining.
Not to mention quantum computing.
So many solutions but some people like to whine,jesus...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info