Fairly disappointed in the microtransactions.

"
Thirion wrote:
"

I don't think a successful business model is one where you hope to make money and grow your game by hoping that the players like it so much that they want to support it by donating money.

The whole Open Source world is based on that. And well, it seems to work.

PoE has a business model similar to League of Legends - it works there - why shouldn't it work here.

I have paid way more money for PoE than for all other games combined in the last 10 years. Why? Because i love the game, i love the budiness model and i love how GGG interacts with the community. And i will continue to buy stuff - even if i don't need it.

And well, stash tabs are not pay to win. Or at least not even close to buying champions in League of Legends. As soon as someone gets rich because of many stash tabs, GGG is going to nerf some recipes again.

"

In my experience playing other F2P games generally coins are not subtracted due to fees, they are added to the higher coin packages to mitigate this.

And how is that different to the current system? If you think 10s about it you will see there is no difference. It just "looks" different.

It still doesn't make sense to sell 46 coins when everything in the shop is in 5 coin increments.
Just saying. A lot of games iv played have the same system as us. Except they add when you buy more. However the end result is the same because they will charge in 600-700 instead of 500 increments. I know this because I have gotten stuck with 100-200 coins in other games many times before. Only when I bought the cheaper packs however. If I went with the 20$ pack it would have boosted me those extra 200-300 points I needed to buy a new item.

Maybe we should have gone with this as well from what your saying. I guess getting 50 coins when charging 60 coins would look more appealing than the smaller numbers. However its now impossible to change as all this would lead to is ripping off our supporters.

Its a bit sucky but developers need money to keep working.

No doubt we will have sales and so on on items once we get a lot more.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I feel some items are grossly overpriced, to the point of being ridiculous. I also don't like how there are loads of different weapon glows and they're all different prices, it's unnecessary, they should just be separated into basic and premium, $5 for basic and $10 for premium (although I feel that's too expensive for a weapon glow, but it's better then the current cost). I have already spent $15 on this game and I will be spending another $20 at least in the near future, so it's not that I'm tight fisted I just like to feel like I'm getting a good deal.
While the net effect is the same, I believe the psychology of the presentation is off putting. Seeing X6 points opens the door to ask "wtf is this?" Whereas multiples of 10 or even 5 don't leave as much room for questioning.

While we're on the topic, might thee consider periodic $5 and $10 sales for a better value? I'm not sure the credit arrangement you guys have set up, but I have seen many games do this to great effect, to encourage a high volume of impulse purchases from the majority player base who otherwise wouldn't have spent a dime.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
MrH wrote:
I feel some items are grossly overpriced, to the point of being ridiculous.

This is the wrong way of thinking about it. These items fund development, the cost of which is inestimable on our end. It pays bills, salaries, what has been spent in the past and things yet to be bought.
"
Russell wrote:
Just saying. A lot of games iv played have the same system as us. Except they add when you buy more. However the end result is the same because they will charge in 600-700 instead of 500 increments. I know this because I have gotten stuck with 100-200 coins in other games many times before.

That's not the same thing at all. When you buy 1000 coins in order to make a 700 coin purchase, you have 300 coins left, so if you buy another 1000 you can then buy a 1200 coin item. A leftover of a few hundreds when everything is priced in multiples of 100 is useable.

What GGG has done is create leftovers that are pretty much impossible to use even after making other purchases. How are you ever going to use those 6 coins left over, unless you purchase FIVE more 96 coin packages to get 6x5=30?

This scheme appears scummy, shameless, greedy, poorly thought out and incompetent. I hope it was implemented out of error and not malice, but then again if it was just a lack of forethought you would consider rounding the packages up and retroactively refunding those 4 coins. You do have a transaction log, right?

If you don't want to accept 5$ or 10$ transactions because of credit fees, then fine, don't offer them. DON'T EVER cripple your microtransaction packages like that.
All this rage about a few pennys left in your pocket.
Ok, 5$ -> 45 points, everybody is happy. (also reduce all the other x6 to x5 of course)
If people don't want their bonus point and call you greedy over them (??), then so be it.
... is not a troll
Insolence. Insolence everywhere. You don't like the microtransactions? You want more stash space but you -have too many- character slots? Oh what a pity dude. If I were you, I wouldn't play the game anymore. And I'd stop posting in the forums too.
"
AzureFlash wrote:
"
Russell wrote:
Just saying. A lot of games iv played have the same system as us. Except they add when you buy more. However the end result is the same because they will charge in 600-700 instead of 500 increments. I know this because I have gotten stuck with 100-200 coins in other games many times before.

That's not the same thing at all. When you buy 1000 coins in order to make a 700 coin purchase, you have 300 coins left, so if you buy another 1000 you can then buy a 1200 coin item. A leftover of a few hundreds when everything is priced in multiples of 100 is useable.

What GGG has done is create leftovers that are pretty much impossible to use even after making other purchases. How are you ever going to use those 6 coins left over, unless you purchase FIVE more 96 coin packages to get 6x5=30?

This scheme appears scummy, shameless, greedy, poorly thought out and incompetent. I hope it was implemented out of error and not malice, but then again if it was just a lack of forethought you would consider rounding the packages up and retroactively refunding those 4 coins. You do have a transaction log, right?

If you don't want to accept 5$ or 10$ transactions because of credit fees, then fine, don't offer them. DON'T EVER cripple your microtransaction packages like that.

I was actually going off Heros of Newerths currency where its 500 coins for 10$ Actually I think its 400. My bad for not clarifying.

Though it may be different now. Haven't played for around 6-8 months. Hmm maybe we should add an extra 0 onto the end currency to make it look more friendly.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
"
Charan wrote:
"
Crnm wrote:

I'll just keep playing the game without buying anything...this game which I wholeheartedly love.

I am still baffled by statements like this. The microtransactions are virtually a bonus if you wholeheartedly love the game, aren't they? Support because you love the game and want it to succeed, and care not for the shinies that come with.

...Or admit, perhaps, that your priorities are a little different. That although you enjoy playing the game for free, you do not in fact love it -- certainly not enough to help support it.

"
Charan wrote:
"
Crnm wrote:

I'll just keep playing the game without buying anything...this game which I wholeheartedly love.

I am still baffled by statements like this. The microtransactions are virtually a bonus if you wholeheartedly love the game, aren't they? Support because you love the game and want it to succeed, and care not for the shinies that come with.

...Or admit, perhaps, that your priorities are a little different. That although you enjoy playing the game for free, you do not in fact love it -- certainly not enough to help support it.

You're obviously not supporting the game "wholeheartedly" yourself since you are getting something out of it (entertainment and boost to your self image).

"
AzureFlash wrote:

Excellent point. People want their money's worth.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info