MMORPG.com reveals the new Shadow Ascendancy Class: The Trickster

Trickster seems to a be the most useless Shadow's subclass.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Coal48 wrote:
well shit, I leveled up a Shadow in Talisman league that uses Ethereal Knives but it has no Ascendancy class to beef up physical spell damage despite the neutral physical nodes on the passive tree

that was wasted, should have made a Ranger, Deadeye can work with Ethereal Knives but it's not optimal, there are attack speed and accuracy boosts unused

The Witch and Scion are left, the Witch is placed too far to the left for my build, she would be at a serious disadvantage

My hope lies in the Scion now...

Lol, are you crazy? Check The Assassin Shadow class. Ek works perfect with hatred + crit = all freezed and dead:)
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Shade Form + Eldritch Battery. Ignore ES, grab acrobatics & EV. You reserve all your mana for nifty auras & heralds/blasphemy, grab the free movement skill passive & use that for your main attack and something else to trigger the ES loss periodically like a warcry for that juicy 20% more evasion chance. Then equip Atziri's Step & your choice of Bronn's Lithe (for more offense) or Hyrri's Ire (for more defense). Use a vaal skill as well since they have no mana cost.

+500 Evasion
+250 ES / 2 = 125 ES pool for utility abilities with no passive or equipment investment (more if you invest)
20% more evasion chance
45%-55% chance to dodge attacks
51%-61% chance to dodge spells
No mana worries regardless of your speed
20%-40% increased cast/attack speed
10% increased movement speed outside combat
Lots of auras

Sounds great to me.
"
MMORPG: How do you envision the Trickster playing? Will players mainly use Trickster skills or continue to use skills from the Shadow as well? Do Trickster skills effectively replace certain Shadow skills?

It's clear the interviewer knows absolutely nothing about the game.

And yeah, the free cyclone and 20% attack speed is pretty awesome, but the class really offers nothing to a cyclone build besides that. You need to consider the opportunity cost of not having passives from a different ascendancy, and I can't imagine this being better for cyclone than a Berserker, Slayer, or Champion, especially considering that shadow start is poor for cyclone.
Last edited by Weslie on Feb 4, 2016, 6:27:49 PM
"
Weslie wrote:
"
MMORPG: How do you envision the Trickster playing? Will players mainly use Trickster skills or continue to use skills from the Shadow as well? Do Trickster skills effectively replace certain Shadow skills?

It's clear the interviewer knows absolutely nothing about the game.

Lol yeah I saw that and was like *facepalm* haha
#NeverGoing90
Trickster/Patient Reaper + ES regeneration tank + fire damage main skill (firestorm, incinerate, whatever) + Consuming Dark =... 60% increases ES regeneration for 4s after each kill?

It does say life/ES/mana recovery without specifying sources, so it should work.

That just might me move from Scion to Shadow for ES tanking purposes. Currently regenerating 14.65% ES/s with my flametank; this would increase it to 1.6*14.65% = 23.44% after each kill(or in absolute numbers, from around 2050 ES/S to around 3282 ES/s)

----

Amusingly, Trickster/Patient Reaper might also turn out to be the best class of them all for Righteous Fire builds due to severely reducing the need for life% regeneration passives.

Certainly a very interesting subclass as presented.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 4, 2016, 6:47:46 PM
"
rdespair wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Shade Form + Eldritch Battery. Ignore ES, grab acrobatics & EV. You reserve all your mana for nifty auras & heralds/blasphemy, grab the free movement skill passive & use that for your main attack and something else to trigger the ES loss periodically like a warcry for that juicy 20% more evasion chance. Then equip Atziri's Step & your choice of Bronn's Lithe (for more offense) or Hyrri's Ire (for more defense). Use a vaal skill as well since they have no mana cost.

+500 Evasion
+250 ES / 2 = 125 ES pool for utility abilities with no passive or equipment investment (more if you invest)
20% more evasion chance
45%-55% chance to dodge attacks
51%-61% chance to dodge spells
No mana worries regardless of your speed
20%-40% increased cast/attack speed
10% increased movement speed outside combat
Lots of auras

Sounds great to me.

Not even worth replying to him, just your a typical extremely narrow minded confined to the box person, which seems to be the norm for the ascendancy classes
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
very nice
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Okay, Trickster seems hands down the best Ascendent class posted yet IMO. +250 max ES with damage boosting, and a way to roll frenzy generation into your talent tree? Goddam awesome.
I hope that when the world comes to an end I can breathe a sigh of relief; because there will be so much to look forward to.
Last edited by ogresamanosuke on Feb 4, 2016, 7:30:01 PM
I can't get it how they want to make Shadows use Energy Shield + Evasion when Acrobactics exists...
Dream with me !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info