High level solo experience grinding is so fun. Dying sucks.

Post your build/gear. You probably made some mistakes, like we all do.
Like a wise man once said; To the batcave!
IGN: ActiveNL
I don't think the game's balanced properly between solo vs. group play. Not in difficulty or in drops. I have 3 characters above level 40 and have found one unique. I think I counted 5 elites in a row once that didn't even drop so much as a blue item.

I also face the same situations as the OP where I am often killed by things that aren't even being shown on my screen, there's no logical way to make sense of it. I call it the latency monster, and it is the most deadly POE adversary. Hardcore and End-game content will always be off-limits for me because it's impossible to account for some of the things latency does in this game. Situations where I'm fleeing at max speed with projectiles clearly missing me but still taking life from me or huge bursts of damage when nothing is happening on the screen defy reaction and reflexes, they are situations of automatic death.

The most fun I get out of this game is in planning builds, knowing every detail about my character before I even start playing. I've never played a game that provided that, and it's pretty great. That's what I enjoy most about POE, because the always-online requirement and strong emphasis on group-play detract from much of the rest of the experience.
One statement you made clear is, you have nothing to show for...

What do u expe t to receive? Your level 80, higher than most, is that not an accomplishment? Perhaps some kind of certificate from GGG would make u happy. Actually, a free pet or some kind of neat gear piece ( cosmetics) for hitting a certain level would be a great reward.

For me, you play for fun, but yeah there no big Bang at the end of the game. Perhaps GGG needs to introduce a reward system or give out titles for hitting certain milestones aka 90/100.

Also, to OP. HC is more rewarding even though there is no big bang at the end, its a rush playing at a higher difficulty. I suggest you keep farming get, and atop entering bad maps
<gif spam removed by mod>
IGN: Rhazmuz
Last edited by Skivverus on Feb 15, 2013, 11:24:32 AM
i`ll say what i always say in those "remove xp penalty" threads

You are lucky, when i die i have to start over.
This game has less depth than Ragnarok Online, a korean grind-your-soul-away game where it takes 3 hours to get 2% xp and about 3 minutes to lose 30% xp.

This is really disappointing and extremely fuckin boring.
"
schisist wrote:
This game has less depth than Ragnarok Online, a korean grind-your-soul-away game where it takes 3 hours to get 2% xp and about 3 minutes to lose 30% xp.

This is really disappointing and extremely fuckin boring.

You're still posting?

Seriously?

You hate the game.
You stick around the forums.

You must really need attention.
Closed beta member since: March 19, 2012
"
KrO wrote:
Your time is never fully wasted, you are also farming for gear, currency, not just XP. If you feel like you hit a brick wall, getting frustrated then re-roll a new charcter. No need to rush to 100, just take your time dude.

Yes reroll those 70 levels so hit the same point of utter tedium and boredom so you can... reroll another 70 levels to hit the same point of utter tedium and boredom so you can... reroll another 70 levels...

You see where this is heading? The same crap end game as D3.
"
AthenaUS wrote:
Your defenses are way to low, my 74 HC ranger has 4k life and I still haven't hit all the health nodes i want...

This is just depressing "my ranged archer type character has 4k life and i havent even grabbed every hp node available yet!!!11 ur life is teh too low bro u suk"

If you don't see a problem with that then this game really is a joke...
"
schisist wrote:
"
KrO wrote:
Your time is never fully wasted, you are also farming for gear, currency, not just XP. If you feel like you hit a brick wall, getting frustrated then re-roll a new charcter. No need to rush to 100, just take your time dude.

Yes reroll those 70 levels so hit the same point of utter tedium and boredom so you can... reroll another 70 levels to hit the same point of utter tedium and boredom so you can... reroll another 70 levels...

You see where this is heading? The same crap end game as D3.

Doesn't everygame have a serious element of repetition? You do not seem to like this genre judging by your posts on this forum, so you should probably ask yourself, what am i doing here?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info