New Skill Reveal - Contagion

This skill is exactly what I've been looking for in POE. <3 !!!!!!!
edge of madness is a sexy item
Back when they said they would be reworking poison, I opined than an attack similar to that used by viral snipers over in RA2: Yuri's Revenge would be an amusing addition. This appears to fit the concept quite well; I am looking forward to seeing how this works out.

As for the game being "all about clear speed"... no, it's about having fun. Granted, achieving high clear speeds is in fact fun for some people, but it by no means invalidates other definitions. To make a comparison with Star Trek Online: sure, that gravity well might not be doing as much damage per second as someone's fully-upgraded weapons... but having all the tangos corraled in one place does make it easier to bring those weapons to bear, now doesn't it?
White Knight of the Order of Mihoshi Enthusiasts
"Destroyed overnight, or the next one's free."
Very cool, can't wait to play with it!
So wondering, would this skill be viable with say
what with the increased radius and chaos damage?
Guild Leader - LÉGÄCY

POE is happy good luck fun time for great imperialistic leaders!
Last edited by DigitalDreams on Nov 3, 2015, 5:39:57 PM
@Rory

i beg u man bring back the good old shotgun effect for freezing pulse... pretty please

it was way cooler
IGN : Sir_Big
I love damage over time, but neither of current skills suit me. But this contagion sounds interesting and very similar to what i had been dreaming about :) Excited to hear there is going to be more chaos skills along with contagion.
Woolfio @YouTube
looks pretty fucking awesome
S L O W E R
If mobs have Abyssal Cry debuf and die whilst carrying disease, what triggers first? Spread or explosion?

Damn this is going to be efing badass.

Curse fore more dot damage
Abysal Cry
Disease
Culling

Plague Doctor Mask next MTX? ^_^
"
Rory wrote:
Unlike existing damage over time skills, Spell Damage increases also apply to Contagion.

Ah, fantastic, entirely arbitrary exceptions. That's always fun.

--mood whiplash--

Venom is pretty cool, wonder how Contagion will work out. :P First thing that popped into my mind when I read the functionality.
Could be neat with a more focussed attack, using Contagion to wear down nearby enemies? Something like that. DoT stacking can also be pretty nifty. Hmm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info