Minion Damage

"
Coldet wrote:
is there a thread that shows the skill/support gems level attributes?

Google docs Gem spreadsheet - its a work in progress, but the best we've got for now.
Is now this gem working with minion instability? Is it fixed Mark or Rory?
"
Cipollotto666 wrote:
Is now this gem working with minion instability? Is it fixed Mark or Rory?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23624/page/1#p356877
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Minion damage will increase the damage the minions deal with their attacks or spells, but will not (currently) affect minion instability, due to it not being actual damage (same reason chance to ignite won't work atm).
I like this support gem, but I question its effectiveness. Minion damage in general does not seem large enough, so it would be nice if this support gem added a much larger percentage than it does. Admittedly, I have not invested in any + minion damage passives, but even if I did, I can't see even +100% minion damage being that effective in the later difficulties. If this support gem affected minion instability as suggested, that would certainly help.

I'm currently a level 50 templar using zombies and spectres. I have the support gem affecting both.
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Is increased minion damage applied multiplicatively with added fire damage or is it added on at the end?

Example:
(100 base) x (1.45 minion damage) x (1.3 added fire)
188.5 total (145 phys, 43.5 fire)

Or:
(100 base) x (1.3 added fire) +
(100 base) x (1.45 minion damage)
175 total (145 phys, 30 fire)

Also, where do minion damage passives fit in, are they added with the minion damage support gem before calculating the rest?
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Apr 23, 2012, 12:51:51 AM
Conversions are multiplicative to the final damage, but make sure you know how they're applied.

For instance if you had a minion and somehow gave it 30% increased fire damage and 50% increased physical damage (along with the conversion and 45% increased minion damage), assuming a 100 base it would be the following:

100 * 0.3 (fire conversion) * (1 + 0.45 inc minion damage + 0.50 inc physical damage + 0.30 inc fire damage) or 67.5 fire damage.

The physical is simply 100 * 0.7 * (1 + 0.45 + 0.50) for 136.5 physical damage.

Minion damage passives and support gems are essentially identical as they both give increased damage.

I hope that explains any possible questions you had.
Last edited by Umbraal on Apr 23, 2012, 3:54:12 PM
"
Umbraal wrote:
I hope that explains any possible questions you had.

It raises more since some of those numbers look wrong to me. Specifically the 0.7 in the last part and the double appearance of added fire damage in the first part.

If we scrap my prior post which I think confuses the question, what I'm trying to determine is:

a) Are increased minion damage passives added to the increased minion damage support before applying that total to the rest of the equation?

b) Is increased minion damage applied multiplicatively to the total damage a minion deals including all bonuses from elemental auras as well as elemental and chaos supports?

For example, would increased minion damage increase the chaos damage dealt by minions supported with added chaos damage or the fire damage dealt by minions supported with the anger aura?

For the purposes of answering, ignore % damage increases such as the added fire damage support and the hatred aura.
Last edited by BlastMonkey on Apr 26, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
Increased minion damage is the same as any other increased damage in the game, the only difference being that it only applies to minions. That's it. Replace minion with weapon or elemental or physical and you'll probably understand the answer.

a) It doesn't matter because it's additive. They're the same stat so realistically they'd be added together though, but it doesn't matter since they stack additively anyway.
b) It's additive, and includes all damage that minion deals regardless of what gives it that damage, increasing it by the amount.
Last edited by Umbraal on Apr 27, 2012, 12:49:52 AM
I don't know how to find out how much damage my minions are doing, but all the damage seems to come from elemental or from exploding.

I don't use this gem because it doesn't seem to meaningfully increase the damage my zombies do. May be that is just compared to everything being one-shotted by my lvl 40 witch's fireball.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info