Life Gain on Hit

Can anyone confirm if LGOH gives me HP for every mob hit by the "extra" attacks of Melee Splash?

I'm running Infernal Blow with Splash for that "mass explosion" it causes, but I'm not sure if I should put LGOH on my third slot for survivability. Will it work on the mobs damaged by the splash or should I just go Life Leech?
Oblivion Guild: http://tinyurl.com/OblivionGuildPoe

Current IGNs: Biroso and Absimiliards
The splash will trigger LGoH.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The splash will trigger LGoH.

Thank you so much for the quick answer, I'll try it out properly when I get the chance.

The life gain on hit will only trigger once per enemy if you use it on a skill like double strike?

Also the gem says +22 life gain on hit but my doublestrike skill in the hotbar says +18 life gain on hit =\
"
Vivisector wrote:
The life gain on hit will only trigger once per enemy if you use it on a skill like double strike?

Also the gem says +22 life gain on hit but my doublestrike skill in the hotbar says +18 life gain on hit =\
double strike is hitting twice
"
Vivisector wrote:

Double Strike is 2 hits per attack, so it should return life twice per enemy hit.

And the thing with the difference between the core value and the one after you link it is probably because the LGOH scales with the Damage Effectiveness of the skill.
(People have stated that LGOH is related to DE in the early pages of the thread, not sure if it still applies, but it's the only explanation)

I'd like to know if Lgoh still scales with DE, since DE no longer exists. So does it scale with "% of base dmg" now?

The tooltip life on hit doesnt change from the value on the gem, thats for sure.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Nov 12, 2013, 5:03:31 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
I'd like to know if Lgoh still scales with DE, since DE no longer exists. So does it scale with "% of base dmg" now?

The tooltip life on hit doesnt change from the value on the gem, thats for sure.
DE was renamed to "% base damage". if a gem has it in blue text, then life on hit is not affected. if it has the % damage listed in white on top with the level and mana cost information, then it does affect life on hit.

at least i'm pretty sure. only skill i'm uncertain of is cleave.
Hrm. As far as I'm aware only spells have that white DE stat now. TY tho, so Doublestrike is for sure twice as good as Heavy Strike for LGoH.
IMO, LGoH needs a serious buff (at least for later levels)... Now that the leech mechanic has been nerfed, leech is no longer the "automatic" choice for people over a certain level. The problem is that LGoH is very underwhelming for anything but FAST AoE attacks. If LGoH got a buff in later levels you might see it actually be used by a character over level 30.
Stormcalling 24/7.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info