Double Strike

If you want to do big dmge, heavy strike is the best choice. And the better the stuff, the bigger the gap.

If you want to play with shock, freeze or burning, Heavy strike is the correct choice because without high dmge there is no or no good effect.

If you want to put some Q in your gem, DS got 0.5% AS per Q while HS got 0.75%. HS is the best choice.

If you are short on mana the best choice is ... (surprise) Heavy strike.

if you are using supports gems that doesn't depend on dmge (stun, blind), DS is better... only if these gems have 2 chances to work in one double strike (are we really certain of that?).

The required str or dex is not a problem. There are many nodes that allow a player to get the minimum. And if needed a litle amu or ring with a bonus to all stat won't be hard to find.

HS deals more dmge, is better with elemental dmge, got better improvements with Q and cost less mana than DS.
Whatever the build HS is better if you do not give a total priority to stun & blind.
heavy strike doesnt work with claws and daggers.

using double strike with 14k dps melee splash crit dagger on a ranger, its extreme. Massive phys crits which shatter most mobs in with 1 blow, double shocking and igniting anything left standing. Over 40% crit chance, over 7 attacks per second double hitting every time with mulistrike melee splash. If I used heavy strike I couldnt use daggers, then I couldnt have all those crit with daggers nodes... it doesnt work, heavy strike as an alternative is not even in the frame.

The skill is fine, if its not working for you maybe its not for you. What you guys are saying isnt wrong but you dont appreciate theres more to melee than what you are looking at. Question is, how will it compare with reave?
I just want to say I don't think this skill should work on 2h maces... too heavy a weapon for a fast attack and recovery imho
Edited out temporarily..
IGN: DeathIsMyBestFriend, Illirianah
Last edited by Bishop120 on Aug 19, 2013, 8:38:15 PM
If my dps sux and i want to tank, i will use double strike,
Because it hit faster and i could life gain on hit faster.

More hit more life gain.
Can people kill end game bosses super fast before bosses hit back?
If not, then dps is nothing, the important thing is how you leech life.

With double strike , life gain, multistrike, melee splash,
Any build with melee weapon could have tanking ability.
Last edited by dieagain20111 on Sep 2, 2013, 9:00:52 AM
Make this skill working with Dualwield.
Having 2 weapons and only the main hand weapon hits is so fucked up.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
Make this skill working with Dualwield.
Having 2 weapons and only the main hand weapon hits is so fucked up.
It works with dual wield. You massively misunderstand what "works with dual wield" means in this game.

Either you want it to alternate two attacks instantaneously (making it a shitty dual strike) or alternate each weapon twice (making it broken).
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
If I roll a crit when using Double Strike, I am assuming both hits will crit based on how all other crit rolls work with attacks.

So, if I link cast on crit to double strike, and the strikes crit, will my spell be cast twice due to the two hits or just once per skill activation?
Cast on Crit triggers per Hit, not per Skill activation. You get two triggers.
Double strike is better than heavy strike when...

1) Enemies have reflect and you deal damage.
2) You want to apply X on hit /crit
3) You want to use Claws/Dagger, or to dual wield.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info