Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

so can anyone answer, is it worth go static blows and lightning damage if you can't even maintain your shock stacks on hard/high lvl mobs anyway? why invest in that at all?
PM me in the forum if i win
"
so can anyone answer, is it worth go static blows and lightning damage if you can't even maintain your shock stacks on hard/high lvl mobs anyway? why invest in that at all?

No. It isn't. That was my main complaint about Krips build. Not only will the shock stacks not last long enough for a second cast, they only happen once per cast on average ( 20% with GMP ).

While Krip does still she "shock animations" for his static blows, he is completely delusional if he thinks that its lasting until his next cast, or its more then 1 shock stack on average. Will it increase the damage? Sure, a Little. I think at this point the main reason he hasn't specced out of it is the Shock duration.
Chitus: Emperor of Wraeclast.
Aristeaus: 40k Walking around armor.
Spectrez: lol k
"
Aristeaus wrote:
"

No. It isn't. That was my main complaint about Krips build. Not only will the shock stacks not last long enough for a second cast, they only happen once per cast on average ( 20% with GMP ).

While Krip does still she "shock animations" for his static blows, he is completely delusional if he thinks that its lasting until his next cast, or its more then 1 shock stack on average. Will it increase the damage? Sure, a Little. I think at this point the main reason he hasn't specced out of it is the Shock duration.

Agreed, I would say drop the shock and try to pick up more crit/damage.
IGN @Badwald
So the question is what do you replace ALD with?

Increased Crit Strikes?
Added Chaos?

Is ACD any good? I'd like to try that :o
"
dndallasta wrote:
So the question is what do you replace ALD with?

Increased Crit Strikes?
Added Chaos?

Is ACD any good? I'd like to try that :o

ACD serves no purpose. Krip is currently using it, but there is no real reason why. It is basically just a DPS increase, but something like Faster Casting will always provide most overall DPS. And since you are casting via health and not mana, it shouldnt be a issue keeping up with it.

My build uses Added Cold. Then again, I have like 40% Chance to freeze on hit... so :-P
Chitus: Emperor of Wraeclast.
Aristeaus: 40k Walking around armor.
Spectrez: lol k
What kind of gear are you supposed to get with this build? Armour or Armor/ES hybrid?
IGN: Ciridae
Professional Banana Thrower
Pretty much all his resist is also gear dependent, since he only have 25 to all resist with nodes, that's very low, i didn't play at high level but even for leveling it must be a pain to match your gear to get the 80% resist.
I saw the models a few days ago, but I have to disagree with the conclusions about ALD.

I only use static blows, and not the second talent for now. With that, ALD @ 18 doing 7-114 on GMP pulse and 375 crit multiplier it is a significant damage increase over added chaos even on high hp targets like necros and golems.

DPS /w ALD: 1469.5
DPS /w ACD (level 17 5% quality): 1643.3
DPS /w FC (level 18 16% quality): 1649.6

If added chaos was a level higher or had the same quality it wouldve easily done more DPS than Faster Casting.

I use added chaos on reflect, equilibrium, and lightning resist maps. Basically in maps where the shock effect may not apply and versus constant reflect. Added chaos is best for reflect maps because the damage is not reflected but still counts towards my lifesteal.

ALD seems to work on all targets but those with resist auras and high hp targets with curse immunity. The build seems very strong in my eyes because it is able to do every single map mod without exception.

On a side note, I dont even use Diamond skin anymore because I am so overcapped on resists. Purity + Inner Force goes a long way!
Last edited by Krippers on Feb 14, 2013, 6:47:30 PM
krippers could u make a guide to ur build?
"
Krippers wrote:
/snippety

Considering the tooltip can't really show you Static Blows average gain, if you had a quality and leveled ACD, would you swap for it permanently, though?

Sounds like a sustained DPS increase across the board + the free skill point might be more valuable than dicking around with shock stacks, particularly as you go up to higher map levels and seeing how mobs with Purity shut it down.

wtb acd :(
Last edited by dndallasta on Feb 14, 2013, 6:38:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info